Now that 2020 has started and holidays are wrapping up, I think it is a good time to start collecting content for the second issue of the Pokitto Magazine!
Submissions are open to the entire community! Anybody that wants to share to the greater good of Pokittoland and be published in the highly prestigious Pokitto Magazine is welcome to submit content!
For those who are newer to the community or may have missed the first issue, you can find it over here. Taking a look through there could give some great ideas for what the community needs
Being a community magazine, this is also open to folks who would like to give a try to help out in making the magazine. Proof readers, artwork, Game advertisements, and other necessities in making an outstanding magazine would all be great!
Looking at a start of June for a tentative deadline for this magazine. (Summer, 2020)
Update on Deadlines
Since we want this to be released soon, as in next Month hopefully, we will need the submissions finalized in the coming week.
In that regard:
Submissions Deadline: June 28
This is a “soft” deadline, in that we really want everything in by then, however if folks run into an issue where it would be a day or two late then that is acceptable as well.
This leaves 1 week until we need to start finalizing everything. So lets get that content in! Magazines finalized (I’m guilty), Photobooth entries! and any other content folks would like to submit for the epic second issue of Pokitto Magazine #2!
Types of Content (see issue 1 for examples):
- Game ads! Submit an advertisement for your games for the whole community to see.
- Photos of your Pokitto related projects.
- Tech related humor.
- Tips and tricks (kind of like an article, but smaller).
- Any other ideas of what you’d like to see or share with Polittoland.
- Sharing Your Games Dont Forget A License - Drummyfish
- FM Radio HAT - spinal
- Pipes Game Tutorial - filmote
- Tilemap in C++ - filmote
- So you want to program your Pokitto in Assembly #1 - FManga
- Python basics: adding sounds, using eeprom, etc. - Hanski
- Trials and Tribulations: The Development of a Pinball Engine for the Pokitto - tuxinator2009
- IR Remote Control with Pokitto - Torbuntu
- Making of Canabalto - HomineLudens
- Game Reviews - By community members
Work In Progress articles:
- Pokitto hardware schematics, part 2 - Jonne