[WIP][MPGAME] "Pokitto Party" single/multiplayer game project

Pokitto Festival?

4 Likes

or Frenzy Fiesta (to continue @tuxinator2009’s Frenzy-theme :wink: )

1 Like

Pokitto Bileet (“Bileet” is a party in Finnish)

I would mix some suggestions like Pokitto Fiesta

4 Likes

Matti brought some friends to the party :slight_smile:

pokparty4

7 Likes

Just keep coming the game title suggestions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like Pokitto Fiesta!

I just checked Bileet, found that:
which is a path I find hilarious :laughing:

How about adding Crazy? Pokitto Crazy Fiesta would be made out of 3 different languages :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, Pokitto Crazy Bileet would have the nice acronym of PCB :laughing:

4 Likes

Yes, crazy is an absolutely crazy idea :laughing:

2 Likes

How about just Crazy Fiesta ?
Or Wacky Fiesta ?

3 Likes

I like crazy fiesta

4 Likes

I like Crazy Fiesta as well! shall we wait for more suggestions before doing an actual poll?

2 Likes

3 Likes

It took some time and sweat but now I got the second tilemap layer (foreground) to work in TAS. That is a transparent layer which makes possible to draw the foreground tiles on any backgound tiles, not just one type (see the boxes and stones).
Another great news is that Curtis has joined to the gang as you can see below!
pokparty5

P.S. You are very welcome to make even more characters to the game! (the easiest way for me is if you make a separate png file for each frame and use transparency)

7 Likes

That’s an awesome technique! I just did a similar thing for the javitto TAS for the moondrop dale remake I’m doing.

You’re making amazing progress already. This is getting real fast!

2 Likes

I basically just copied Felipes bg tilemap line filler code in Pokittolib and modified it to draw using transparency.

2 Likes

curtis.zip (13.3 KB)

What is the size for the character sprites?

1 Like

That varies a bit. Matti is 26 pixels long from top to toe. No shadows included.

I can send the gfx files here later.

Adrian from PtaD is 16x24 pixels and already has a standing frame and a frame for each foot forward. Should easily be useable as an additional character. Don’t have a walking animation for Cecilia, but I might be able to put one together.

1 Like

The size sounds very feasible! Curtis is also 24 pixels long.
Almost all characters have only 3 frames animation as well. That is 4 frames in practise as the standing frame is used twice in the cycle.

1 Like