[WIP][MPGAME] "Pokitto Party" single/multiplayer game project

You know with the alternate linefiller usage, you’d only be limited to 220 colours per line… palette be damned!

1 Like

This definitely looks awesome

1 Like

Curtis Nerdly looks a bit tall to fit in :frowning:

2 Likes

You need to redraw Curtis!

That’s a lot of work! hes partly stolen to begin with!

matti_18x27_anim3_2

4 Likes

What do you think about this?
I would like to keep possibility to play in the single user mode. That would be without a server and network. The problem is that creating any computer controlled characters would be out of scope. Making a decent AI would be too hard.

So what kind of single player mode there could be?

1 Like

Surely single player modes would be just the same, but you’re trying to beat your own score rather than someone elses? Like a time trial in mario kart…

2 Likes

Yeah, and only part of the minigames, those which have the single player mode, are available.

1 Like

Asymmetrical games can be simpler in single player. Think of it like being the grandma that throws shoes in Wall Climber!

Otherwise, a lot of older games (and not so old as well) used cheats to make the AI stronger.

However, I think being able to play alone should be an extra and not a focus. I’m more for a “training mode” than an actual single player mode for most game

3 Likes

I agree that MP is a priority. But having a single user mode means also Pokitto Org users can play it :slight_smile:
Lets see how many single user capable games we have after the minigame jam.

1 Like

It is a start.
pokparty

6 Likes

All directions animated :sweat_smile:

pokparty2

5 Likes

Matti is looking for some buddies to party with :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Love how the hair is animated while walking

3 Likes

pokparty3

5 Likes

Hey all!

Can you suggest another name for the game? I would be nice to have a name that does not remind Nintendo game so closely even if Super Mario Party is a big influencer here. Also the name Super Mario Party has always been a bit confusing to me. Before I played it the first time I could not imagine it was actually a board game with minigames.

2 Likes

Multigame Madness
Multiplayer Madness

2 Likes

Multigame Mayhem

Circuit Champions! :sunglasses:

2 Likes