Attention: there is a NEW EASY PROGRAMMER that helps you with connecting to Windows and Mac OSX
The instructions on this page will be updated soon. Meanwhile check the link below for the easiest way to connect Pokitto to Windows and Mac
Here is a video guide for Windows. The USB cable connection and buttons apply for all OS’s:
Copying a .bin directly to Pokitto in MacOSX Finder will not work because Finder puts invisible files in the directory that corrupt the Pokitto.
1. Use a small helper application (requires computer admin rights)
@adekto has contributed a fantastic helper application for Macintosh
2. OR: copy binary using ‘cp’ command in terminal
- open terminal
- go to the directory where you downloaded the binary
- connect the Pokitto (connect USB cable, press and hold lower button at the back & turn on - CRP DISABLD volume appears)
- empty the Pokitto memory using the following:
rm /Volumes/CRP\ DISABLD/*.*
- copy your new binary (for example HelloWorld.bin) using the cp copy command
cp HelloWorld.bin /Volumes/CRP\ DISABLD/
- reset Pokitto and your new program is running!
See discussion below