Source code

• Open source required
  • Closed source allowed

0 voters

Are we ready to jam?

• Yes
  • Not yet (comment why)

0 voters

I selected “closed source allowed” to get more people involved. Some may be too “shy” to publish their code, or just do not want to put time to clean up the code.
Opinions?

4 Likes

I also voted to allow closed source, but IMO open source should be prized by a bonus. Maybe an extra point on final result.

2 Likes

Rather than prohibit closed source, I’d prefer if it was “Open source incentivized.”

2 Likes

Better “open source incentivized” than “closed source punished”, lol

1 Like

How about source must be submitted but not necessarily made public? I think it’s important to be able to check if entries have stuck to the rules.

4 Likes

I would like to promote open source and adventure games.

If you get extra points in judging for opensource and adventure …

• Good idea
  • Bad idea

0 voters

One criteria could be “originality” to avoid direct ports. Thought it could be hard to know if a game is a direct port of a game of some obscure game system…

3 Likes

Could we nominate @RagingR0nin, @tuxinator2009, @Zockeromi and Tuomo (magazine game reviewers) as competition judges?

Remember, jurying is more than 1 month away

Edit: @tuxinator2009 has said he is not taking part in the competition

5 Likes

She should create a proper @Tuomo account then :grinning: (new Pokitto user!)

I’m totally agree.

2 Likes

it would be best to have odd number of judges, in case of tie situations.

3 Likes

I think i could take part if i don’t have to compensate the loss of worktime i have now

2 Likes

Why 1 month jam will start only on April 1st and not next week?

1 Like

Easier to track a month from the start through the end than from the middle :man_shrugging:?

@jonne I can be a judge for the competition. I just won’t be making an entry for it since I’d rather focus on developing my pinball engine/editor. Especially since it’s making great progress and once the collision is fine tuned the rest is relatively easy.

As for judging I think if the 4 reviewers were to be the judges that could actually work. In the event of a tie then @jonne could vote on which of the tied games he likes best and break the tie. I imagined that this vote would only take place in the event of a tie, so it could be a nice way of handling a tie breaker.

4 Likes

If that is the only reason, I really hope that the Jam is started sooner despite of that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True. But it needs prep time to promote and allow folks to get ready. Such as twitter promotion, itch io setup, etc…
So not the only reason :wink:

5 Likes

Personally, since I am now fully WFH due to coronavirus, I actually have less time to code than in the past, when I coded during my lunch breaks :slight_smile:

Even 6 weeks for me is now pushing it, so if the compo is going to be less than 6 weeks, I won’t be able to join. Simply not enough free time. Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

Man that really sucks :cry:

1 Like

So it is 12 days before the jam starts (1st April)… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes