[Wiki]2.Pokitto Technical Specifications

PROCESSOR

GRAPHICS

• 2.0″ Color TFT with fast bus (8 million pixels/second theoretical max)

• 220×176 (high resolution) 110×88 (fastest resolution) 128×64 (Arduboy emulation) 84×48 (Gamebuino emulation)

SOUND

• 2 simultaneous sound output generators: 8-bit DAC and 8-Bit PWM

• Built-in Amplifier with Bass Boost

• Built-in Speaker and Stereo Headphone Jack

• Digital Volume Control with I2C control

POWER

• 600 mAh high-quality superflat Lithium-Polymer with built-in charger

DATASHEETS

SCREWS

• Case screws: m1.7 x 5 mm
  • LCD holder screw: m1.7 x 4 mm
5 Likes

Could be possibile to add relevant datasheet reference for like LPC11U6X User Manual and ST7775R display controller?

3 Likes

Good idea!

1 Like

Before I go editing datasheets in:

A) Would it be better to have the datasheets here or in a separate thread named [Wiki] Datasheets?
B) Would it be better to upload a local copy of the datasheets or link to the actual datasheet sources?

I don’t want to go putting unnecessary load on the Pokitto servers but I have known official datasheets to migrate in the past. (Atmel moved their entire website a couple of months back.)

Here. Local copy.

You’re welcome to add them to the wiki. Please add them to this topic, they belong here. I am not sure if Discourse allows pdf at the moment. If not, just put a link for time being

@HomineLudens & @jonne

I tried to upload but alas I got the message:

Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bin, snd)

I also threw in the LPC11U6x datasheet and the M0 technical reference in case they’re useful.

The first three are from (as far as I can tell) their official sources, but the ST7775R only had a download link rather than a ‘view online’ link, so I opted to link to a mirrored copy from a website called ‘inhaos’ that is owned by a company called Inhaos Technology Co. which is based in China.

If the official download-only link for the screen is preferred of the M0 datasheet is considered to be unnecessary then feel free to swap them out/remove them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the edit!

1 Like

Minor nitpick, the pokitto uses cortex M0+ not the M0 as listed/linked.

Here’s the proper ARM tech ref man: http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0484c/DDI0484C_cortex_m0p_r0p1_trm.pdf

2 Likes

Thanks for spotting that!

I didn’t expect it to matter much, but it seems the difference between M0 and M0+ is quite significant, so I’ll leave a reference here that lists the important differences:

https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-10652

1 Like

Is anyone have technical drawing for Pokitto? Especially for plastic dimensions of PEX pins side. Since i forgot my Pokitto at my parents home, I cannot measure by myself :pensive:.

Augh. Another thing i have promised to do

1 Like

@NullMember

Will approximate measurements do?

I could take a few quick measurements with a ruler and make a very crude drawing if you don’t need precise measurements.

Put a corkboard on your wall and pin notes to it like a big checklist.
(Or a whiteboard and sticky notes.)

1 Like

Approx measurements will work fine for now :slight_smile:

I rounded a bit here and there because it was hard to judge (hence they don’t entirely add up),
but hopefully they’re accurate enough for what you need.

The Pokitto has a surprising number of curved edges.

Note that the feet are the same dimensions as the arms and the holes are standard lego technic size,
so you can lookup lego technic dimensions to get exact measurements for those.
I checked, aparently they holes are 4.8mm in diameter, which is more accurate than I could have measured. (Source here.)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for measurements :slight_smile: if you have time, can you measure PEX connector side. From edges to connector? (I hope my English is enough to describe what i need :smile:)

1 Like

If this image is correct then your English was good enough:

(Can’t measure any more for a while now though, about to dash off to dinner.)

1 Like

It’s absolutely what i need. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jonne can you measure exact Pokitto PCB dimensions and first PEX (EXT0 or 3v3) pin positions from edges? It can be done very quickly in your CAD program.
Also we can provide official HAT layout for most known PCB CAD programs (kicad, eagle etc.). It can accelerate HAT designing process for everyone

1 Like