[Game]Road Trip [V1.0]

RoadTrip_Pokitto.bin.1

Playing with a tunnel effect. At the moment you can just drive through the blocks!

11 Likes

I foresee a Japanese level…

1 Like

Yes, its sort of like that. Or something closer to (your) home …

4 Likes

That would be awesome!

2 Likes

Its in the game now!

5 Likes

Any estimate for the release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Probably a few days after we have the music tracks done :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Game will release later today!

While you wait for the release you can watch a wonderful video about it from our friend Retr0rob !

7 Likes

Music Teaser :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Amazing work on the music @gibs

2 Likes

Yes it is amazing work.

The game has been released now. Refer to the original post for links.

3 Likes

Aside from PPOT putting out amazing games all the time that are epic in every way, you guys also put out the source code, and I think that deserves more thanks! So, thank you so much for that!

LOL … you haven’t read it yet! It might be more confusing than helpful.

1 Like

I perused a little. And I have read through the others quite a bit. It is fine reading material with a cup of coffee :ok_hand:. But like the classics, I appreciate it even though some is far above me haha

The comments also help. Like having a guide on a trek through unknown wilds :grin:

I am not good with comments. I am surprised you found some!

You are far too harsh on your work :grin: I’ve read a lot of code and this qualifies as some high worth stuff. So much to learn from!

2 Likes

The banner looks amazing in the top post! Like in AAA games :grin:

4 Likes

I played it with the jack :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Tried the game. Made it to the second day :wink:

The gfx is a bit more “bumby” than I thought (maybe because of music?), but the gfx makes the feeling of speed very well. That is because of poles and the tunnel, and especially the road that goes also up and down(!).

The speech (who’s voice is that ? :wink: ) and music are really great.

Some suggestions:

• As the driver cannot see very far, I wonder if it would be good to have a map on screen(?).
  • Maybe there could be also other objectives than passing cars. I just cannot help thinking about the Pole Position game and pit stops in that game, but I admit it does not fit to the theme :wink:
4 Likes

Not to be rude but the game is complete.
Maybe Filmote wants to do more with it but i am done with it.

The road is all random so a map is not really possible and quite honestly i dont feel its really needed.

Goal of the game as it is, is exactly what we planned from the start as i wanted it to be based on the goal in Enduro where you have to pass a certain number of car in a day cycle. Theres no position per say, you just need to pass more and more cars everyday. :wink:

Not sure what “bumby” means…

5 Likes