[Game]Kong II [V1.0]

It’s fantastic. I like the fact that you can zoom in as well as having a full view.

2 Likes

Not sure what people are talking about with the difficulty. After several attempts I finally got a highscore of 3 :joy:

4 Likes

That’s awesome! You jumped three clappers?

K2 plays very well. I really get the G&W feeling while playing it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Now I no longer need to be embarrassed of only getting 16 as a high score!

Yeah I felt so proud of myself. Now that I’ve figured out the trick to it I managed a score of 28 :stuck_out_tongue:

Spoiler Alert

If you stay on level 1 and keep jumping over the first clapper you’ll get one point each time and it’s super easy. :shushing_face:

1 Like

Argh, i did 26 points just with honest oldschool gameplay :laughing:

1 Like

Good luck trying to beat my score doing that trick. :wink:

2 Likes

Nope, no tricks for me, always beating my games honorably :laughing:

1 Like

I got 29 points (without tricks), but I think I can improve it a bit. Nice to know that there are also other not-so-hard-core players like me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do not even want to know what that score is :wink:

3 Likes

High score of mine so far: 94!

A few possible bugs:

• When jumping over hunter when over a vine section, I do not get a point. Same with spark on second level.
  • It seems sometimes I don’t get points jumping over sparks or hunters in the middle too.
  • If I got the key in it’s initial position, and then Game Over, the next game I start the key is on the same second location (I had saved Kong once prior)
  • Sometimes I can collect the second key twice (it still only goes to one lock)
  • Sometimes it seemed like two locks broke with one key (NOT after double collection above)
1 Like

I am a little behind: 84. I very rarely have interest to play this much one game. Usually, I try a couple of times and that’s it.

Edit: A notable exceptions: M.U.L.E., Shadow of a Beast, Super Mario Galaxy.

1 Like

Well I am honored that you actually enjoy it enough to play it that much than! :+1:

1 Like

The difficulty level is just spot on. Also nostalgy plays a role here even if I have not played just that G&W game back then.

2 Likes

Great new video by RetroRob

5 Likes

Without meaning to upstage Kong II,
there’s also an older video which is about 26 minutes of playing various Pokitto games.

2 Likes

This is without any fancy tricks :crazy_face:. In case you can’t see it clearly on the image these are the scores:
Easy: 0197
Hard: 0172

6 Likes

Nice! You are getting closer! :wink:

I have posted a new version of the game with (hopefully) these bugs squashed. Thanks for pointing them out to me!

Version 1.0.1 now released!

4 Likes