This is a demake of Button City. Typically described as a “narrative adventure,” you can think of the gameplay as a point-and-click with more dialogue and no moon logic. Occasionally, there are small mini games.
Play as a little fox named Fennel. Explore the town and earn some buttons at the lemonade stand:
After that, take your buttons to Button City (the local arcade) to play some rounds of either Mechamelon’s Quest (side scroller) or Prisma Bops (rhythm game):
I’m not sure if a narrative game is quite up this community’s alley, but it was fun to make. I didn’t quite get the polish I was aiming for, so I’ll probably do a number of post jam touch ups regardless (including a POP file).
Post Jam Goals:
- Add title screen, credits screen
- Add saving/loading
- Update & fix some dialogue nodes
- Add more interface UI (c-button prompt, currencies)
- Add volume slider
- Fix the music
- Add more SFX to missing parts
- Sneak in two more mini games? Depends if I can make space on the binary
Note on story: this is heavily based on characters and concepts in the actual game. I’ll post a “Glossary” before too long to clarify. Sorry if it’s too overwhelming to follow the story
Note on controls: use the C button to see all interactable objects on a screen. I missed getting a prompt in there in time.
Note on sounds: the music is a touch… screechy. Sorry about that. You’ll want to keep the volume under 3.
Jam Build: button-city-pokitto.zip (1.3 MB)
- Note: Does not work with loader!
[Post Jam Builds]
Version 1.1: button-city-pokitto.zip (1.3 MB)
- Reduce binary size (can load through loader)
- Fix text UX issue (Button City & Home were swapped on zoomed out view)
- Comment some debug code that snuck into the jam build
Version 1.1.1: button-city-pokitto-v1.1.zip (1.3 MB)
- Added POP file