ARIT is a game where you’re someone who is trying to survive in a dystopian world. It’s quite a bleak world to live in.
But fortunately, you’re not alone!
Along with your partner, you’re driving a quite sturdy tank around in a dense, superficially clean City dominated by a quite egoistical and brutal government. And maybe a bit outside as well!
Sorry, no screenshots yet
- 2020-04-15 - Concept phase ended.
- Upcoming - Tank Gameplay Prototype.
Day <= 0
- A lot of thinking, mostly about what I’m going to.
- A few concept arts (see below) were sketched.
An Ominous sphere firing upon a large city.
- A first illustration of the main settings, an unnamed, heavy city.
- The floating sphere (or “disco ball of death”) is firing upon what probably were a ground thread.
- This is a candidate for a Game Over / Ending screen, depending on how things turn up.
Two people happily firing from a tank in a scrapyard.
- A bit more on the main protagonists.
- Two people battling inside a tank.
- One of them obviously enjoys the situation, even thought they’re also taking fire from their opponents.
- There are part of a scrapyard in the background, where the tank drove through the fence.
West Map of the (still unnamed) City.
- A tentative map screen, with a character pointed in the middle.
- The City is a walled one, with a lot of huge buildings.
- The Walls got defensive turrets. They’re not necessarily for outside threats.
- The City extends more than what is shown here - around 10% of it is shown.
- There is a huge Pile of Scraps. (center)
- Numerous roads/highways are running inside it.
- An important government complex dominates the view, being built on a plateau. (top left)
- Fields and related facilities are part of the city. (down right)
- The Underground Highway, outside the Walls, a well protected road network to other cities. (middle left)
- Various Ghettos and Slums can be found against the various Walls, outside the City. Those are inhabited by people not “lucky” enough to live inside the City. Government eventually cleans them out, especially when they reach too high on the Wall. (bottom right)
- Most of the lands outside are parched, scorched, with a lot of crevices. (bottom right)
Various objects, and a tentative gameplay.
- I was thinking at a tank gameplay at this point, with a top-down view.
- There is also a lot of weird machines. Not sure if that’d qualify for DieselPunk or SteamPunk. Rockets, Bullets and Mortar be raining.
- Two portraits.
- It’s not really evident, but there is a sketch of the “important government complex”, by night. Heavily guarded of course. (Bottom middle)
- Pew pew pew
More precise gameplay concept.
- “No Trouble” is an indicator of what the current situation is.
- The map shows a few buildings, and the player’s tank, with an empty fuel icon above it.
- A and B can be assigned to different item/actions depending.
- The PAUSE screen shows an inventory (16 slots), a tech inventory (4 slots), the protag’s portrait, some stats, and the SAVE/EXIT buttons. There is also a map.
- Pressing C opens the PAUSE screen, which slides up to cover most of the screen. However the main protagonist is still shown (or the tank if they’re inside it).
- HP - HitPoints, EP - EnergyPoints (for some techs).
- When in PAUSE, the game is paused. Nothing happens.
- Buildings don’t necessarily have their walls angled to 0°/90°/180°/270°.
- Some UI can be shown on the gameplay screen.
Tank gameplay, Dialogs. and a four-legged mechanical bug.
- When in the tank, there is another health bar dedicated to it.
- When in the tank, A and B have different rules, to allow firing the main weapon, to switch weapon, to brake and to exit it.
- Still uncertainty about how the tank will be driven, but the prototype will answer it.
- Dialog shows portraits and the name of the talker.
- Interior insides look isometric, but that’s not sure. However the rest of the screen will be a deep black.