Suggestions for multiplayer games for Pokitto+?

What kind of game you would like to see as an online multiplayer game for the upcoming Pokitto+?

1 Like

Something “digimon-esque” where you partner up with a digital being of some sort and help “cure” virtual corruptions!

4 Likes

I like the idea of something that wouldn’t have to be real-time. Like chess or Scrabble?

5 Likes

I have not played Digimon games. How is multiplay used there?

1 Like

I would like to have 2d (or 2.5 ) racing game as a MP game. Like Death Rally.

Or some really old game as a MP version, like Space Invaders (multiplayer co-op)

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t remember any digimon games nor any multiplayer. I merely meant the concept of a digital world and teaming up with a digital creature to solve problems :slight_smile:

As for doing this multiplayer there could be daily goals or even teams! :eyes: Sort of like Ingress or Pokemon Go but without the physical geolocation aspect.

2 Likes

Battleship would be fun also a 1v1 artillery type game

4 Likes

you mean like Scorched Earth?

1 Like

I’d love to see a worms like game.

5 Likes

Some turn-based strategy game (like GameBoy (Advance) Wars) would work well.

5 Likes

Yes, or worms

3 Likes

How about something like Super Mario Party?

7 Likes

Here is Mario Party for GBA

The minigames could be made using the ROM hotswap library for the graphics, so there could be many of them:-) This could be a collaboration project, one person does gfx, one the main game framework, and many people could make minigames!
It could be made so that it can be played both in the single user mode and in the online multiplayer mode.

Super Pokitto Party! :laughing:

3 Likes

Dude! What if there were a minigame library sort of like pine2k!!!?? So users could easily make little minigames for Pokitto Party that can be loaded during gameplay!! Oh my gosh this could be huge fun :smiley: !!

1 Like

Pike2k is a good idea! But I do not know how much Pine2k needs ram and rom. Is there still room for the main party game?

Well I didn’t mean pine2k itself. But something with a small api like that which can then make downloadable minigame packs that the main game can pull and play live.

2 Likes

Actually the main game could be a pine2k program too. We just need to store the state somewhere (PGS server?) and reload the main game after the minigame has been finished.
We should add the multiplay functionality to Pine2k.
Edit: maybe we need to extend it to Pine4k :wink:

1 Like

pine2k’s main interest is to be able to build machine code out of a source file - we just need a binary in our case, compiling it would just add loading time for almost no benefits, and the source code is almost always bigger than a compiled binary.

I think @FManga was working at some point on a way to have a separate build that relied on an API (represented by a table of function pointers) for his RPG game. Basically you build a tiny “guest” program that relied on a table of function pointers for interacting with the rest of the “host” program.

Such a think is very like @torbuntu 's vision, and it’d be the best of both worlds! No specific ram / flash limitation, and just have a definite API / call table at a location that is known.

1 Like

I want Rooms by @carbonacat

5 Likes

Could you elaborate this more? Which language the guest program is made in? Is it loaded to ram or to rom from SD?