Pokitto+ is coming

Hi dear Pokitto community members

Something that has been in the works for a loooong, looong time, with thousands of lines of new code and new exciting possibilities is very soon going to see the light of day.

There will be a new crowdfunding campaign and we are on target to deliver at least dev kits / early birds (in volume, tens to 100+) well in time for christmas.

Ladies and gentlemen, Pokitto+

(more details revealed coming 2-3 weeks in step with new tweets)

15 Likes

Twitter teaser #1

Twitter teaser#2

12 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah, so apparently someone screwed up in the graphics department.

They posted an earlier sketch of Pokitto+ logo.

THIS is what it is supposed to look like:

8 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

Yeah, latest tweet is about the totally rad game for Pokitto+ by @wuuff called Sky Pirates of Etalmar

This is from a deathmatch we fought on a test session. The server was running in the Netherlands and people were connecting over the Atlantic.

dogfight

11 Likes

Really impressive how smooth it runs

1 Like

Nice. Who won? :laughing:

3 Likes

Do not remember but definitely not me!

3 Likes

It was @tuxinator2009 of course.

Anyhow … MOVING ALONG…

7 Likes

I don’t know anything about how twitter works, but might it be better to make these teasers seperate tweets instead of a thread?

2 Likes

Apparently, threads work better than individual tweets. I can somewhat confirm that from the stats. What happens is someone reacts to something in the the thread and then goes up the thread to read more. In individual tweets it is more “fire and forget”

4 Likes

it does. When retweeting a single tweet, all the related content is already there for people to see!

3 Likes

10 Likes

i hink something similar wasn’t done before

3 Likes

Not at least for MCU based handhelds. How about other, more powerful, Indie Handhelds? Do they have multiplayer games over the internet?

4 Likes

Truly amazing job, Pokitto is joy. Huge thanks to @jonne et al for showing what magic can be done with such simple hardware. Unironically this is one of the best things in tech for me.

6 Likes

There are some emulation machines with wifi and they could theoretically connect to different platforms for multiplayer, but i don’t know if this is a thing

3 Likes