[Game]Regicide [V1.4]

GamePlay

Regicide

Graphics    @vampirics
Code          @filmote

Source        Source Code
ZIP              Zip File

Inspired by the card game created by Badgers From Mars

A sinister corruption has spread throughout the four great kingdoms, blackening the hearts of once-loved Kings and Queens and those that protect them. As brave adventurers you must work together using the special powers of your champions and animal companions. Overthrow the corrupted monarchs, purge them of their darkness and add them to your ranks so that life can be brought to the land once more.

Recruit heroes, storm the castle and defeat the corrupted Monarchy! In Regicide players must work together and use the unique powers of each suit to achieve victory!

You can buy an original set of cards from their shop here.

The graphics for our game were adapted from the artwork of the original game. However, the actual game has a complete set of beautifully prepared cards and are worth the buying for that alone.

Installation Instructions

This game consists of a POP file and supporting sound assets packaged in a .zip file. Please expand the contents into a directory on you computer - you will see a POP file and a sub-directory called music. Please ensure both the .POP file and folder are copied to the root directory of your SD card.

Depending on what other games are installed on your Pokitto, you may already have a sub-directory called /music on your machine. If prompted, simply merge the contents of the Regicide directory with the folder already on your machine. The names of the file are unique and should not clash!

Pic1   Screenshot_02

Screenshot_03   Screenshot_04  

12 Likes

For anyone who has not yet played this game, I highly recommend giving it a try.

The rules are not all that difficult, but the gameplay is surprisingly complex once you get into it.

A beautiful adaptation of the Regicide card game and one of the most enjoyable Pokitto brain games.

7 Likes

I might re-read the rules and give it a retry at some point

1 Like

New Version 1.1 Published!

Thanks to @torbuntu and @lucentbeam, a few minor fixes are included in Version 1.1.

4 Likes

@Hanski and others trying to get into the game, quick top-level guide to the game in a different way:

It’s a resource management game

Regicide is a resource management game. Its just played with cards.

In every game, you’re faced with the same enemies, 4 jacks, 4 queens and 4 kings. The enemies get tougher as you progress, and the challenge is to survive till the end.

There are 3 resources you have to manage

1.YOUR HEALTH = sum of the numbers of the cards in your hand. When that goes to zero, its game over

2. DRAW = your ability to draw more cards from the Tavern into your hand. Once you have used all your draw cards (the cards that have a symbol like a door) you will not be able to get more cards into your hand and its game over. NOTE: you have 2 x “REPLENISH”… replenish will instantly fill your hand with cards. Its like a mega medikit. Only use them when you have to

3. DISCARD PILE vs TAVERN = if you do not save dead guys from the Discard pile (by playing the Heart cards) the Tavern will soon be empty and you can not draw more cards, even with REPLENISH. And then it is game over.

The Catch!

The catch is that the enemies come in random order AND the enemies are immune to the special effect, which they themselves possess. You have a full hand of Shields and you think you have the situation well in control? Nope. If the next card is a Queen of Shields, she will laugh at your attacks and whoop your ass. THAT is the real clue of the game!

So now get playing! It really is one of the best games on Pokitto.

7 Likes

Nice summary, @jonne.

But I do encourage you to read the instructions on screen as they took me ages to create … oh and they give more details!

3 Likes

Hey, there is still a bug in the game. I won 2nd last king with an exact kill (attack = remaining health).

King moved to the tavern, and the last king did not appear. I got to “attack” an empty enemy deck and then the game froze

I was so close to winning (1 more replenish left)!

Oh bugger … well it gives me something to fix.

Would you like me to send you a version where you start at the last King so that you can feel the excitement of winning?

BTW to get to the end with a replenish left is good going.

1 Like

Oh no need for that. I think I have got this game figured out. I know I can beat it now.

Well … I have fixed that issue anyway. Just want to give it some more love and testing before I release it.

So you think you can beat it every time?

1 Like

No absolutely not. It does depend on getting lucky with the cards, especially draw cards

EDIT: I really, really need to fix the forum time

Version 1.2 Released

I am calling this the @jonne version. Apparently, you can devise a strategy that makes it totally beatable, :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Its funny, the post says 20 minutes ago but the scroll bar on the right says 1m ago.

3 Likes

Version 1.3 Released

With some major bug fixes.

5 Likes