[Game]Mars attack

Thanks for the feedback! There is some randomness in the level creating, so the points can vary. I thought that it would be more interesting that way. It is a good idea to get more points if the towers are destroyed earlier.

I will put you in the high score list in the first post!

@Hanski : i have no problems loading this from Sd. went from one game to Mars Attack and back several times.

Is it possible you are still working with an old version of the loader?

Great! I have not tested it myself with that game. I have pretty recent PokittoLib. How do I know if the loader is old?

Oops. It seems the error comes when you go from a cretain program to another. Not with all.

I think there is a checksum error. I will look at it.

1 Like

The sources for Mars Attack are now published here:

The python sources are in the folder: PokittoLib\Pokitto\POKITTO_LIBS\MicroPython\src_py\

4 Likes

Hi,

I have updated the binary.
New in this release:

• a startup screen with a fancy logo by JP and
  • a background story of the game
  • ByteBeat music in the startup screen.

I put the binary here as I am not allowed to edit the top post any more (!):
marsattack.bin (212.4 KB)

6 Likes

Changed ownership back to you. Try again?

Still no luck. Maybe this is the reason:
There is a configuration item, post edit time limit, that limits for how long posts can be edited. It defaults to 86400 minutes (2 months). 0 means forever.

1 Like

? ok. I edited it just now. try again?

Nope. I just do not have the pen icon there to be able to edit the top post, or any other post in this thread except what I have made today. Thought I can edit the title of the thread.
I can still edit e.g. Wiki threads I have made long time ago. eird indeed. Weird indeed.

Have you got the full text of that intro available?
There’s one or two grammar mistakes (e.g. ‘have send’ instead of ‘have sent’) and a few things that would improve the wording.

I really like the title/logo by the way.

That’s an ability of all level 3 members (I forget which).
Being able to edit the post should be an ownership thing,
but it might not be.

If @jonne can’t find another solution, one option would be to raise you to trust level 4 which would effectively give you partial moderator powers.

I would presume Wikis are always editable because of the intent of Wikis.
(I.e. a means of storing useful information that is editable by everyone.)

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

On the other hand “All Your Base Are Belong to Us” is entirely consistent with this genre :wink:

5 Likes

The new binary. Thanks to @Pharap for proofreading my mini novel!
marsattack.bin (212.6 KB)

4 Likes

I have just tried the game. The game looks really nice (+ the logo)! The music however gives me an uncanny feeling… :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is the sound of algorithm. ByteBeat music: humans are eliminated from the equation :wink:

2 Likes

New binary, added @Pharap and ByteBeat music to the credits.
marsatck.bin (212.8 KB)

2 Likes

4 Likes

The python sources are in the branch:

The python sources are in the folder: PokittoLib\Pokitto\POKITTO_LIBS\MicroPython\src_py\

1 Like

Unfortunately I am not able to edit the top post any more, but below is the current list:

Highest scores:
@sbmrgd …1910
@Rakkachi …1750
@wuuff …1040

3 Likes