[DRAFT] Espresso Shoot

Espresso Shoot!

Blast zombie hands and take their coffee! Without coffee nobody can stand against a horde of zombie for all the night! Low coffee level means Game Over!

Mix different gameplay:

Reload your weapon Various special modes Beware low on coffee

@HomineLudens & @Vampirics

9 Likes

This looks awesome!!

4 Likes

Thanks, this is actually a plan B for the compo, maybe even plan C, as plan A was Canabalto and B Gory Road just lost on inspiration.
In any case it allowed us to explore another type of gameplay and grow a simple idea with some original twist.

2 Likes

This reminds me of the ā€˜house of the deadā€™ lightgun arcade games that used to be found in cinemas and laser quest facilities where I live.

Laser quest either closed down or moved,
and I doubt they have those in the cinemas anymore.

4 Likes

Itā€™s really fun!

I see you have recycled the perspective of Gory Road in a really clever way. Congrats!

4 Likes

Mini-review:

The game has good and original graphics and animations (as usual by @Vampirics :slight_smile: ) By a quick look the game resembles a familiar ā€œHit-a-moleā€ game. There is however much more: a shotgun loading minigame, expresso-drinking to keep yourself going, a frenzy mode, and more! The game also uses the audio well. The difficulty level is a spot-on for me: not too hard, but gives enough challenge.

There are instructions and even a backstory in the Itch page.

Special in this game: the pause mode graphics come to your nightmaresā€¦

Suggestions:

• I am in two minds about the ā€œblank-periodā€. It is a bit disturbing (I first thought it is a bug :wink: ), but on the other hand it adds sufficiently difficulty to the game when Expresso is running out. Maybe the screen should not be just blank, but in a ā€œnight modeā€ instead (?)
  • In-game instructions

This is the most hooking game so far !

2 Likes

Thanks for the mini review! The ā€˜blank periodsā€™ were first meant to emulate the eyes closing because the player falls asleep, but ended up looking less like closing eyes and more like just black screen.

4 Likes