Discord

I’m on it.

EDIT: I mean I’m setting it up right now

2 Likes

I did own one, was my second game console as a child. Now i use a retron 77.

When I was a kid, my family lived in Kenya. There was a shopping centre called Sarit Centre.

The thing was, at that time arcade cabinets like “Spyhunter”, and the original StarWars sit-in cabinet were already “old” so they got shipped to Africa to places like Sarit Centre.

I had (something I realized later) the exquisite pleasure and privilege of playing things like Asteroids, Battlezone, Galaga, Spyhunter, SuperSprint, Outrun, Tron, Xybots, Operation Wolf, Mikey, Bomb Jack, and StarWars vector grafix as original fully functioning cabinets.

Nowadays you’re not even allowed to sit inside an original StarWars cabinet, let alone play it.

Needless to say, it had a life-changing impact on me.

10 Likes

Ok soooo, how does this work?

Pokitto Channel on Discord

Be sure to write an autobiography when you retire.
With chapter names like “the Kenya years”, “kickstarting the Pokitto” and “making giant robots” I’m sure it’ll be a bestseller.

I’d still need money and room to play.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but British houses are tiny.
(According to this infographic, you can fit approximately 5.7 British houses in a Canadian house.)

They’re also very expensive compared to the average wage.
(If things don’t change, I may never be able to afford to buy a house.)

3 Likes

This sounds almost like Elon Musk :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But Elon is a mega success. I cycle to work.

3 Likes

I said ‘almost’ :slight_smile:… Maybe you still have some time left until retirement?

1 Like

Yes.

But, on the flip side, I’ve heard Elon can be a real asshole. I’m actually pretty nice.

So I got that going for me :wink:

7 Likes

Ok, so we can confirm Discord works really well.

So what should we use it for?

Ideas?

I could schedule some live Q&A sessions about Pokitto programming and other things, like maybe 1-2hrs per 1-2 weeks

Any interest?

2 Likes

our prime minister cycles to work, so no problem there :slight_smile:

lol, that actually upscales a atari 2600 game to HD :grin:

1 Like

I think Richard Branson used to (even after the crash).

I don’t know about the earlier Twitter incidents, but for the submarine incident it’s complicated.

Ours is going to be remembered for her terrible dancing. :P
(Sadly she’s still a better dancer than I am.)

And the leader of the oposition looks just like Wallace Breen.

Aren’t you supposed to figure that out before setting it up? :P

Yes, it looks quite nice😉

According to the girl I work with even dungeons and dragons is a digital download now

Just played Alhambra with my daughter :slight_smile: My all time favourite is Finnish “Afrikan tähti” game.

1 Like

Aparently:

Afrikan tähti was made into a video game for the Commodore 64 in 1985 by Otso Pakarinen and Jari Heikkinen who were given permission to make the game from Kari Mannerla.

2 Likes

Right, but I like the original board game, as follows:

That is played at least once a year in our family :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We don’t talk too much about our president because everyone says “Silivri (prison in Turkey) is too cold these days”.