Online Python Editor for Pokitto!

I wouldnā€™t mind removing the cap entirely.

@FManga @Hanski Bigger problem is the sudden increase of bins from ~140kB to 200+kB after latest release.

ā€œPyratesā€ is very close to playable alpha but its already 204kB

Still? It shouldā€™ve dropped back down.

Ok I havenā€™t checked in a moment

Iā€™d like to point out @jonne that will be really unfair if youā€™re going to winā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

No chance of that :wink:

4 Likes

hey everyone, iā€™ve just started playing around with the python editor, its the first time Iā€™ve tried making something for the pokitto so I apologise for any ignorance I may have about the hardware. When running my program on the website it eventually crashes with the error ā€œAttempt to write to flash (0x680002a) on PC=0x1c4e0ā€ - @Hanski can you please elaborate on what this means? thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hi @andrewb! Can you post the code youā€™re working on? Itā€™s easier to find out whatā€™s wrong that way, especially since youā€™re the first to report this error.

1 Like

At the moment it is just a program that switches between different states. However, after going through the five ā€œlevelsā€, restarting and trying again it crashes.
I tried putting all the code in 1 file and it didnā€™t fix it. I also thought it was maybe something to do with memory management but Iā€™ve tried using gc.collect() and there has still been crashes.
It could just be something silly Iā€™ve overlooked though, or how Iā€™m organising the code, or maybe what Iā€™m trying isnā€™t possible? Any input would be great!
pokitto-mpy-project (4).zip (5.3 KB)

1 Like

Itā€™s crashing because itā€™s running out of memory. Specifically, itā€™s a stack overflow.
The reason that happens is that you donā€™t exit each state before you enter the next. Each state is an endless loop that never returns.
Changing from one state to the next should be setting a variable and then returning.
pokitto-mpy-project(41).zip (5.4 KB)

2 Likes

Right, I understand now, Iā€™ll put that fix into my code before I do anything else! Thank you for your help, it probably would have taken me a while to figure that out, its good to have another set of eyes to check over your code sometimes.

3 Likes

Dr Mriller

Source: pokitto-mpy-project(49).zip (81.4 KB)
Binary: build(79).bin (155.8 KB)

7 Likes

Itā€™s funny how many new game we see now that we have the python online editor.

I think itā€™s also because of the competition.
Game contests always cause a surge of new games.

Itā€™s also very easy to develop in the editor. I gotta hand it to the guys, they have done a fantastic job. This is a game changer.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a preview of what Iā€™m working on, not finished. Nothing will happen when you complete a level. No instructions, just see if you can figure it out!

titleScreen

inGame

build (17).bin (143.2 KB)

Question regarding contest rules, does ā€œFeel free to use any of these fonts for whatever purpose you see fit.ā€ count as licence for borrowed art? - http://www.zee-3.com/pickfordbros/archive/bitmapfonts.php

5 Likes

Sure it does

Quickly tried but no idea about the rules :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@jonne These entries are not any more so easy to find in this thread. I can collect them to post #2 in this thread if you do not object.

2 Likes

@Hanski , agreed!