[Tool]Pokitto Emulator

With our own plugin, yes.
Even with hardware the Cortex plugin isn’t as seamless as I’d like.

I might have another solution for this problem soonish, I hope. I just moved to Portugal so this week has been really crazy. Hopefully I’ll be able to get back to coding soon. On the good side, I’m now on a similar timezone to you guys.

3 Likes

And… the packages I sent you :scream: ??

Edit : nevermind, its great news! Who cares it was just a couple of pokittos

Edit: we need to have a Pokitto meeting

Madrid?

2 Likes

Wait, you sent more? It’s alright, the address I gave you is my dad’s. He’ll tell me when they arrive. :slight_smile:
I got the first package, kept one Pokitto and made a friend earn her Christmas present (told her to make a game for it, she wrote a Pong clone… eh, good enough.)

Edit: A meetup would be awesome. PokittoCon!

2 Likes

I’m in!

Welcome in Europe!

:scream:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, how possible would an Android port of the pokitto emulator be? OR would it be considered too risky to emulate a handheld on a handheld when hardware sales might be effected?

Well technically @FManga pokitto emu can be run on a phone already I think. There’s just no virtual button. Lol

1 Like

I guess it wouldn’t be hard. Would have to set up the Android SDK+NDK, make a project, maybe some minor changes, and add on-screen controls.
It probably wouldn’t affect hardware sales negatively.

1 Like

No problem here for me

And xbox controls so I can use my GPD XD :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those of you who don’t mind building the emulator from source, the version on github now supports joysticks, does not have the debug pixel in the corner, and should be more accurate speedwise.

9 Likes

I’m having trouble using cookies. Are they supported in the emulator?

Gah, sorry, I wasn’t sure if I had implemented eeprom support already or not and made a mental-note to check… then I lost the note somewhere. :stuck_out_tongue:
There’s code in there for reading/writing to the eeprom. If your code works on hardware but it doesn’t work in the emulator, maybe you’ve found a bug.

For those compiling the emulator from source, there is now:

Initial joyhat support (mapped to right joystick on an xbox controller)
Initial RTC support (reads system time, can't be set yet)
Fixed pause and continue execution from GDB (using Control-C or in an IDE)
Timers upgraded to 64 bit
2 Likes

@FManga incorrect date, can you change it to give local time?
and fix the sd write problem

screenshot

You mean the time is off by an hour? Are you on DST? If so, I guess it’s technically not a bug in the emulator. :thinking:

the time is correct it give UTC time not local time, the month is off by one it should be 4/05/2019

No he means the date is wrong 4 april vs 4 may

1 Like

Ah, right… I suspect that’s not the emulator’s fault either. It just gets the OS-provided number of seconds since the epoch and puts that in the RTC_COUNT register. I guess I could add a fixed offset if the problem really is on my end.

@bl_ackrain If you put a file on the SD card, does it show the right timestamp in hardware?

i don’t have the hardware but creating a new file in the PokittoEmu give the right timestamp

Edit: maybe gmtime() months start from 0

@FManga i can confirm it the problem is with the loader not the emulator (in the tm struct the months range from 0 to 11 not 1 to 12)

2 Likes