[WIP][Pine-2K] SkyBerron Outfall Trainer

My 7th minigame for Pine-2K.

This time I tried a “demake” of a game I played a lot with my friends on an Amiga 1200 computer in vs battle mode, many years ago: Outfall (a clone of a rather known arcade game).

I had a lot of trouble chasing unexpected “writing to flash” and “invalid opcode” errors that came and went many times without a reason. :frowning_face:

Also, due to lack of compiled code space, I had to remove a lot of functionality, so the minigame is very different from what I had intended. :disappointed:

The bright side is that I learnt how to make the algorithm for making groups of connected blocks much lighter. :smile:

sb-outfall.2

sb-outfall.1

sb-outfall by SkyBerron.zip (152.4 KB)

5 Likes

You are absolutely crushing it with these Pine-2K games!

1 Like

I’m working on the next mini game. This time I’d like to use 16x16 8bpp images from a resource pack as tiles but it does not seem to work, though I managed to use those images be used for sprites. Has anybody tried this approach? Using sprites instead of tilemaps limits the playing field dimensions a lot.

I have some more ideas for 2K minigames but I need to scale down a bit :sweat_smile:

I will probably try mini tetris 2K. :wink:

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard of Outfall yet. Looks like Kirby’s Avalanche to me. :slight_smile:

It does, but it has a bug that will be fixed with the next update. For now, you need to add 2 to tiles:

tile(x, y, image + 2);
1 Like

Maybe you’ve heard of the original game for arcade: Puyo Pop or Puyo Puyo, depending on the country. I’ve played the arcade in vs mode with big screen, stereo sound and it was amazing at that time (90’s I think :thinking:)

Thanks!

Btw, could you give some hints about undocumented linefiller() or is it reserved for premium 2K coders? :wink:

Oh, you mean io("FILLER", number, filler)? I had a feeling you’d be interested in that. :stuck_out_tongue:
You’ll also need the next version to use it properly. It should be out this weekend, but the beta is available on discord.

1 Like

I can wait till official release :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like