I like it too
PowKitty reminds me of Powkiddy (they make chinese game consoles😆)
I closed the poll and the winner was Pow!Kitty
That is a good name with personality
@jonne has already made a player sprite draft for it (above). He had also a plenty of ideas for the themes of the different levels:
- Rancor pit (from Star Wars Jabbas palace)
- dirt & stone, with rusty gates that open and let you walk from a gate to the opposite side of the playfield
- Mew York alley (from TMNT)
- pizza boxes on a dirty New York alley with sewer manholes that let you teleport to another area of the screen
- Tropicat Thunder (a jungle scene)
- palms and jungle paths. Palms partially cover the visibility so player is sometimes hidden
- “Darth Kat”
- “Cattooine” level
- “Capt. Cat Sparrow”
- a pirate ship deck level
- the ship deck level would have a wave that washes over the deck and puts out the bombs the water hits
@Hanski what is the spritesheet you are now using? Can I get it from somewhere?
The tiles are from Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen.
In particular they’re probably from this sheet:
The rock is at the top, the obstacle is right of the thinner tree.
I’m still trying to figure out which game the character is from.
It’s defintely from one of the DS games, it’s just a question of which.
Cattooine (Rancor pit)
Edit: I need to work on the sprite sizes etc, this is just a sketch
Edit2:feedback & ideas appreciated
Reduced to 12 colors (more colours needed later)
Looks awesome! Suggestion for a monster: cyber-doggie
Kitty walking, I’ve squashed the kitty to make it more “chao” style
EDdir: clearly work needed on the left arm and details
The animation looks very good already!
Looks really like Hello Kitty from Sanrio
Personally I preferred the original.
The arms and the tail look somewhat disproportionate after the changes.
Presumably the eye under the bow is an eyepatch?
(And the missing whiskers would suggest maybe some kind of incident with a bomb that left said cat disfigured?)
… keep the ideas coming!
New kitten animation
This starts looking really really good!
The doggie could look a bit meaner. Now it looks a bit like a teddy bear.
I need ideas for enemies