[Game]Anarch -- Doom clone FPS

Joystick hat comes assembled :+1:

2 Likes

It looks great! i’ll try to port it for my ESPboy. as far as i see the license allows to do it

2 Likes

WOW, ESPboy looks very nice, I’ll take a closer look and would probably want to buy one, and then of course I would also port it and include it in the official ports.

The repo is publicly accessible and public domain, but I advise you to please wait with porting and playing until it’s finished! I still need to finish placing monsters in two levels, then play throught the game on all platforms and adjust the levels, refactor, test and unbug the code and create promotional media you’ll be able to use.

1 Like

is it a way to take part in beta-testing? )

6 posts were split to a new topic: Welcome Roman/ESPBoy

If I decide to do public beta testing, I’ll let you know! As I say it’s publicly available and public domain from the start, so it is possible for you to download it, compile it and play around with it, but right now it’s in a messed-up in-development state and won’t easily compile plus things aren’t working as they should, everything uses temporary settings like invulnerability etc., so please just wait :slight_smile: I now know you’re interested and will give you all the updates.

+1 to @jonne for not censoring other consoles. This sense of trust is part of what makes this community awesome, and I also believe collaboration is better than competition. From my experience people interested in these consoles buy all of them anyway :slight_smile:

5 Likes

very nice !

1 Like

1.0 released! Please test, I hope it’s not very buggy :expressionless:

8 Likes

This is insanely good, Drummy!

3 Likes

I just quickly tested it using the browser on the phone. Runs absolutely fluently! Amazing that it has been ported to so many platforms.

Waiting for testing it on Pokitto later :slight_smile:

Edit: Nice to notice that all are in the bin file. So no SD needed.

4 Likes

@drummyfish i am really proud to have you working on this! Awesome job! Love it! :+1::smiley:

2 Likes

@drummyfish:

2 Likes

@jonne thank you very much for showing me this :slight_smile: RN it really helps, I am feeling pretty exhausted and a little anxious as alongside positive feedback also negative comments come from other parts of the Internet as some of my views are “controversial” and it’s all a bit stressful. I really admire anyone releasing “real” big projects like Pokitto, I could never bear that mentally. Thank you for this great little device.

5 Likes

I read your whole project page and came away impressed. The haters can hate. Anarch deserves to be ported to everything

3 Likes

I know how you feel, because I am on a journey of freedom as well. Though I haven’t gotten to the same levels as you (yet, perhaps) I thoroughly appreciate and admire your stance.

That said, this game is amazing and a real gift! It is definitely going to be in my list of top titles to show off to people when I show off my Pokitto to friends and family :wink:
Also, by sharing the way you have you’re both proving your views and releasing something that can be used to better all of Pokitto for those willing to take the dive into the code :eyes: I also must say, the trailer for Anarch gave me goosebumps.

2 Likes

OOOOOKKKKK

I now had proper time to try out this game.

This is an amazing feat on a device like Pokitto. Technically the most impressive game on Pokito yet. There is no question about that. Sorry everyone else.

The speed and the level design and everything. Just amazing.

3 Likes

I will be making my own gameplay videos on this tomorrow

3 Likes

This is really amazing! I had been waiting for this to release, and it’s great! Also pretty difficult.

Is there a way to jump on the Pokitto? Starting in level 3, I think I found some areas that require jumping to escape them, and I got stuck there. I got a little further on PC, but the enemies that shoot the plasma shots are quite tough even on PC. I’ve made it to level 6 so far.

Do enemies not collide with weapon projectiles after a certain distance? I tried shooting at range and then backing up further, and it seemed like enemies could take endless shots if they stopped rendering before the shot landed.

1 Like

forward + C

The projectiles have time to live, i.e. they explode/disappear after a certain distance. I think rockets shoot a bit further than plasma, that’s how you can usually take out plasma bots. Bullets should shoot the furthest.

On PC you take more damage, (there’s a setting for that: SFG_PLAYER_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER). It’s because on PC controls are easier, so I compensated it by increasing difficulty :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wish I could program this well! As someone who has released a few games on the Pokitto, I know exactly what sort of effort, skill and thought has gone into this. I could possibly put in the effort but the skill and thought is beyond me.

3 Likes