What next? Community suggestions for releasing stuff

@josh sorry for the delay in approving your comment.

At Discourse, no approval is normally needed. However, there is some sort of complicated anti-spammer profiling system (how soon user posts after log in, length of reply and so on) and you message got flagged !!

So welcome to the board, you should be cool now.

1 Like

Yes, adekto is very correct: this is a legally dark (no, not grey) area: it is great and educational to see how the pro’s make their stuff, but distributing these roms is unfortunately not OK. Let’s just make our own, original content. :smiley:

@Miratus @adekto Totally agreed here. No roms will be released. For those interested, I can later explain how memory mapping on GB works and how that can be used to make a ROM run in much smaller memory space but no copyrighted content will be published.

1 Like

Although physical stuff/hardware (SD cards, cables, stickers, bags) are all very cool and - quite frankly - just plain desirable :yum: , I was wondering whether perhaps some of the stretch goals might be more tutorials, examples, emulator functions, video tutorials, documentation, wiki, etc… I can buy standard hardware just fine, but that is the stuff that is hard to find: quality information and educational materials. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Been thinking about the same lines. A simple thing like a pouch can take a surprisingly large amount of time to develop properly.

1 Like

A toolchain all in one IDE that’s super simple to use and could let kids literally drag and drop bits and pieces into a game mechanic framework (something like construct2 but not as in-depth and more scaled down) would be killer. That’s something everyone would love to have for sure :slight_smile: one can dream!

2 Likes

@pixelplatforms I’ve already been working on this (also :grin:). Based on Blockly, generates Pawn scripting language that runs as bytecode on Pokitto. We will get to this in time.

1 Like

Omg nice! Can’t wait!