Warring Hands is a unique trading card game that can be played on the Pokitto! With 120 unique cards, you’ll be able to create your own decks and battle against all sorts of opponents. You’ll even be able to connect two Pokittos together to go head-to-head against your friends! The more you battle, the more cards you’ll unlock.
- Unique and fun strategy-based TCG
- 120 unique cards to collect and use
- Deck editor to customize and save multiple Decks
- Earn coins to buy more card packs
- Battle tower with 12 different opponents
- Battle against your mirror match!
- Link battle between two Pokittos to play with friends
- Save all your data to your SD card!
- Ability to unlock all cards (disables saving)
In Warring Hands, 2 players compete with their own 60-card decks. These decks are made up of energy, creature, ability and enchantment cards.
Each turn, a player may play 1 Energy card, which are used to play other cards from their hand during that player’s turn. Energy cards are also spent in order to use a creature’s attack. Creatures can also be set to defend.
Creatures may attack the opponent’s defending creatures in order to weaken and eventually destroy them. Once they are all destroyed, creatures can attack the opponent directly, which lowers that player’s life points. Once a player’s life points reaches 0, that player loses.
Enchantment cards can be played that have special effects that change the way the game is played as long as they are on the field while ability cards have temporary effects. Creatures and their attacks can also have special effects. Effects can be tied together in special strategies and combos.
There are 4 different factions of cards that generally work better for strategies and require different energy cards. These factions are: Royal, Beast, Horror and Magic.
Decks are composed of 60 cards, but may not include more than 5 duplicate cards. The only exception is for energy cards.
There will be 12 opponents that a player can play against, but these are a few that I already know will be in the game.
Randomness (Hidden): 0
Deck Type: Royal + Beast + Magic + Horror
Randomness (Hidden): 7
Deck Type: Royal + Magic + Beast
Randomness (Hidden): 6
Deck Type: Beast
Mirror Match (You)
Randomness (Hidden): 4
Deck Type: Copy of your deck
These will be coming soon…
What Needs To Be Programmed
- Main menu needs to be fleshed out
- Battle menu needs to be fleshed out
- Bootstrap application needs to be implemented (easy)
- Loading and implementing the
- Looking through the card catalog
- Deck editor
- Battle tower
- Battle menu
- Implementing basic game rules
- Implementing basic enemy AI
- Loading and implementing enemy AI bias
- Card searching and function scripting engine
- Card pack opening and shop
What Needs To Be Researched
- Loading separate .BIN from the SD card through the SD loader
- Direct drawing from BMP needs some implementation and features built
- Finding the best way to load/search through a large file of card data from the SD card without using too much RAM
What Needs To Have Artwork Made
- In-battle UI is designed, but needs to be implemented
- Main menu UI needs to be fleshed out
- Main menu UI needs to be created
- Player portraits need to be created
- A lot of cards need to have artwork made, still! Let me know if you’d like to contribute some artwork!
Planned Release Date:
What Is This Thread?
This thread is set up to be a general discussion thread. I will continue to update this specific post as more screenshots are taken and more progress is made. Of course, when the game is officially released, I’ll be posting it right here!
This thread will also be where you can post strategies and deck recipes, too.
I created a Discord so that people can join up and discuss strategies and stuff for this game outside of this thread since this game will eventually be ported to the Gamebuino Meta.