2.Basic drawBitmap example

I think we definitely need somewhere to document the image formats.
Preferably both a custom page on the doxygen area and a thread here.
(Evidently I don’t know enough about the formats to contribute.)

Now that you’ve pointed out that link I do vaguely remember that discussion. So much has happened since then that it completely slipped my mind.

I very nearly suggested this in my last comment but decided not to mention it since I knew you were the img2pok author and you hadn’t been in the conversation until now. (And I was in a rush.)

A warning on pok2img would be an excellent idea since I suspect many people won’t stop to read the documentation, but they might stop if the image encoder tells them about the possible problems.

1 Like

Learned this the hard way when working on Blocky World a while back. Some of the GUI images had odd widths, and I had random black lines popping up all over the place. Kind of an annoying bug in PokittoLib, but not that hard to circumvent :slight_smile:

I am such an oldschool coder that the idea of using odd width bitmaps never crossed my mind.

I can hardly bring myself to use numbers that are not divisible by 8! Every time I see a base 10 number in code I get a little nauseous :wink:

5 Likes

Hey Guys.

Little Question :
Why is the background not fully blue? Is it because the png isn`t transparent?

In a word: yes.
This example doesn’t use a transparent bitmap.

Ah okay, thanks!

1 Like