[Tutorial][Beginner]1."Hello World!" - making your first program

Ok I will take a look

@seoulsaram its fixed now. Please try again!

And thanks for warning me to this error. One update was missing.

1 Like

Oops! I forgot: you have to update your program. Go on top of the “PokittoLib” folder, right click with mouse and select “update”

1 Like

Yes! It worked. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello! I own a Pokitto for a long time, but I haven’t code anything for it yet. I already made some games for Arduboy, Kitco and Gamebuino Meta. I want to port my game “Dumbulance” from Gamebuino Meta to Pokitto. I try to follow the steps of the “Hello World!” example but it doesn’t work. I have created a Mbed account. When I want to compile the “Hello World!” example from Pokitto Community Team, it says that the target LPCXpresso11U68 is not recognized, even if I try to update some libraries and I choose that microcontroller before. And when I follow the “Hello world!” video with Jonne, I failed to import mbed-src. I try to import mbed-dev as it is shown as the official mbed library now, but it takes a long time and says “Error” time out of the server… Do you have any advice?

3 Likes

Hi @JuiceLizard

The tool of choice in Pokittoland is nowadays FemtoIDE.

Its a one-stop solution that allows compiling C++ , microPython and Java directly into pokitto binaries

3 Likes

We really need a beginners guide to FemtoIDE, which @torbuntu is making for the magazine.

4 Likes

Well, it is a guide on getting it set up and briefly introducing the interface anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated & removed mbed online compiler