[Tool]Pokitto Emulator

It should just work. Which game are you trying to run?

Currently only Noggin and Sensitive.

I see Sensitive uses Ticker, which I hadn’t tested yet. I’ll give it a look when I get home.
As for Noggin not working… well, that’s just odd. :confused:

Same here. No sound with jetpack.

I tried with KameraKatze! and the sound was there!

Unfortunately it stuttered quite a lot. But I’m still happy to have a bit of sound. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@spinal and @HomineLudens: I just tested Noggin and Jetpack, they do have sound. Did you turn the volume up? It’s zero by default. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ll try I different build, I have multiple builds in my folder, some had issues. I probably test one without sound :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do the screen capture keys (F2 / F3 / etc) specified above work with the version of PokittoEmu that is packaged with the FemtoIDE? They are not working for me but it might be that I am using a Mac and don’t work on the freestanding PokittoEmu either.

I can’t help but think of our (Aussie’s) native bird …

5 Likes

So I’m not the only one with the Emu thing :joy:

1 Like

Isn’t there a cream made of that too? :laughing:

4 Likes

@filmote … friend of yours?

https://youtu.be/9QCgqQdmr0M

2 Likes

The freestanding emulator and the one in the IDE are exactly the same. The shortcut keys are supposed to work, and they do on Linux/Windows. If they don’t on OSX, it’s probably the same issue that breaks shortcuts (like pasting) in the IDE.

Can we name the sequel PokittoCassowary?

640px-Southern_Cassowary_7071

Emus might be more famous, but Cassowaries are by far the cooler dinosaur bird.

(I was going to post a video of a Scottish man walking an emu, but unsurprisingly it had too much swearing.)

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s SuperBogan!

2 Likes

Did you try to change the behaviour of Fn Keys?

Yes I had tried that fix but the latest Femto seems to have sorted it all out by itself!

The original cut / paste issue is also solved.

1 Like

PokittoEmu v1.0.2

I didn’t want to make everybody download a whole FemtoIDE release because of an emulator update, so you can download either the Windows or Linux builds in the meantime. Get the appropriate zip and extract it over FemtoIDE/(linux|windows)/PokittoEmu(.exe).

• Made window resizeable. Added scale2x algorithm option (cycle sizes and algorithm with W key).
  • Improved audio
  • Fixed crash with useless DMB instruction
  • Windows build is now statically linked, you no longer need to bundle it with a bunch of DLLs.

The new scaling algorithm (scale2x) looks pretty nice on text:

6 Likes

This is intetesting. What kind of improvement?

1 Like

The previous implementation stuttered a lot and only supported 8khz. The current one is more accurate, especially if your PC can run the emulator at 100% speed, and supports any sample rate.

5 Likes

PokittoEmu v1.0.4

imagem

• Much more accurate CPU speed emulation (also in v1.0.3)
  • Much better audio in LibAudio games (also in v1.0.3)
  • Support for games in zip/rar/7zip. SD image automatically created from archive contents.
  • Support for I/J/K/L as an alternative to arrow keys, for 60% keyboards.

With this you can easily play games that require SD to work or stream music.

9 Likes

This is really great!

1 Like