[Tool]Gameboy Emulator

Holy moly! That is incredible!

Indeed!

1 Like

Hang on, you listed games up to 2MB in size!
Thereā€™s only room in flash for ROMs up to 128KB!

2 Likes

We have faith in you Felipe!

:wink: Iā€™ll remove those.

1 Like

Its still 2397 roms

3 Likes

@FManga I just had the chance to try the Pokitto-Zboy tool you have made.

How can you do stuff like that in such a short time?

Your skillz are something beyond elite.

Just amazing. I am now playing Motocross Maniacs on Pokitto.

I need to pinch myself.

EDIT: I am sending you a hardware debugger as a little thank you for this.

And I think the Pokitto community agrees. This is just freaking me out. Now playing Castlevania.

4 Likes

Insomnia has its good side! :laughing:
A debugger? AWESOME! Thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes

The emulator at its current speed is actually perfect for beating Tetris on Level 9 / High 5 (B-Type) to get to the end screen! :smile:

(still no easy task though! :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

Would be cool to add in the Super GameBoy borders! And shouldnā€™t hurt performance if you just draw them once and then donā€™t update that part of the screen?

4 Likes

That is a cool idea!

2 Likes

Amazing stuff like this gets me excited to work on new projects again. I tried out a few games like Tetris last night and the conversion process was foolproof. Awesome work again!

4 Likes

I think it can be done completely separate from the emulation also. If I remember correctly, the borders are actually SNES code (donā€™t quote me on that) and therefore really have nothing to do with the gameboy game at all.

I just made an update:

• Now you no longer need to unzip your roms. Just drop the zip in.
  • Palette customization

Itā€™s probably good to clear the browser cache.
Anybody care to make some preset palettes?

I havenā€™t looked at the relevant code yet, but I think GB carts can detect a super gameboy and send it specific commands (like loading/changing the border).
There isnā€™t enough space for the full border on the Pokitto, but maybe itā€™ll look good cropped. Iā€™ll give it a try later. Also, Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s enough space in flash, itā€™s almost breaking the loader already.

1 Like

(In case anyone doesnā€™t get the significance, see here.)

2 Likes

Maybe part of the conversion process could be to seperate the border from the gameboy rom and save it as a raw bitmap to be loaded from the sd card?

[edit] - Canā€™t type :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Pharap: Thanks, Iā€™ll add those gradually. I added the first 3, for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

just tested Klax,Boulderdash,Bubble Bobble and pac-man :grin:

2 Likes

Just made another update with an optimization that helps Castlevania a bit.

2 Likes

I suspect we have a professionist here.
Anyway great job @FManga , itā€™s really awesome see some great game run on Pokitto. It deserve this.

2 Likes