[Tool]FemtoIDE

It wasn’t, but it became available later, prior to Femto.
I’m not sure how things currently stand with PlatformIO.

No it didn’t, it only worked on Windows.
That was its only true downside, but unfortunately a rather fatal one.

Right, I remember using it in Atom and then in eclipse, and then just using the cli.

Well that is a complete non-starter for me heh…

Is there some kind of documentation, how to start guide… ?
I guessed that I needed to run IDE on my linux box, but then complained about libSDL2_net-2
Maybe a minimal document with prerequesites and such stuff?

I can track what I do with my fresh 1.0.0 install on my Ubuntu if it helps.

Edit: I found the wiki :slight_smile: This is not good to be like that just before starting to work again :smiley:

3 Likes

Would it help if there was a readme on the repo pointing to the appropriate resources?

1 Like

A reminder of the wiki in a readme file may be a nice addition

4 Likes

I have files in a subdirectory called music and have marked these as copy to the SD card. However, my code does not see them when I run this in the emulator. How do you access SD assets in the emulator?

When you mark a file with “Copy to Sd” it gets copied to the root of the card. You probably need to mark the music folder itself, not the files in it.

1 Like

Perfect! Marking the folder itself worked :slight_smile:

1 Like

When using the emulator, is there a way to retrieve SD card files that may have been altered?

I am using VSCode which in turn uses Femto to compile. When I compile and run within VSCode, it clears all the settings that indicate whether a file should be copied to the SD card or not. The only way for me to restore them is to re-open FemtoIDE and reset them.

The issue of course is that I need some of these files to be marked as copy to the SD card when the program is launched. Is there a way to prevent VSCode from clearing them? As VSCode is just invoking Femto commands, I guess I am really asking whether there can be a command line option to prevent Femoti from doing this.

Bueller?  

Which command are you running to compile on femtoIDE from? Clearing the copy to SD settings seems strange to me.

Just the standard ‘compile and run’ command.

@FManga would this be the command for clean that runs when doing a copmile and run for C++?

Every once and a while now I get TypeError: e.match is not a function in the console and all the contents of the open file get nuked. :eyes: meaning… I really can’t get anything done quickly if at all heh…
Anybody ran into this before?

Nope … do you mean for developing online?

Can you ping me on discord when you have time to debug this?

Is Femto able to convert a png image to a raw 16-bit image data?

Actually, I made it already by temporarily setting this in project.json:

"PNGFlags": {
		"ALL": [
			"bpp=16"
		]
	},

Thought, I did not test the result as the image was taking too much rom anyway.

1. List item

did not test the result as the image was taking too much of rom anyway.

This is in case you sometimes need to use GDB directly on FemtoIDE project.

For some strange reason GDB was failing when I tried to debug the program under the sim (Linux). It failed in some internal GDB error, and FemtoIDE closed the debugging session. However I was able to use GDB directly from the command line like this.

gdb -q -ex 'dir "/tmp/2188505304"' -ex 'set width unlimited' -ex 'set height unlimited' -ex 'set pagination off' $HOME/bin/FemtoIDE/projects/MyGame/MyGame

You just need to figure out where the object files go to (it is in “/tmp/2188505304/” in my case). I got the same internal GDB error, but I was able to continue debugging anyway.

1 Like