Robble robble pokitto pokitto

Robble robble

7 Likes

So I got a retro flag, and I’m gonna say this thing is really nice, well made and feels great in the hand.

3 Likes

I was looking at those t’other day! Thanks for the size comparison photo :+1::sunglasses:

No, it’s a nice little device, there is a good tutorial on setting it up, but I recommend ssh omg into it for the safe shutdown as for some reason the keyboard cannot do a pipe and the “ and @ are reversed I got about 4.5 hours out of a set of dollar tree alkaline aa batteries too.

Meanwhile @Cartaymon’s gone all northern.
Probably watching too much Corrie or Through t’Keyhole on t’telly. :P

I know that feeling, my Japanese IME does the same thing.

It’s a British vs US layout thing.

British layout:

(The accented characters are for writing Irish.)

US layout:

I’m not sure which layout other countries tend to follow.
The really daft thing is that both British and US typewriters have the " as shift+2,
so why it didn’t carry across to US keyboards I don’t know.
It’s probably IBM’s fault, it seems their Selectric typewriter decided to buck the trend.

It could be worse though, it could be Dvorak.

2 Likes

I suspected it was something like that, was just too lazy to actually go too in depth, makes no sense why they would make such a minor change to me, and hey I like Dvorak. I had to drop it because my Mac requires QWERTY to log in and my ex griped about it, but I may go back.

You are a braver man than I. :P

That’s quite a strange requirement.
Theoretically it should be happy with any keyboard driver and just accept translated keystrokes as they’re passed to it.
Maybe it was designed to only accept official Mac keyboards or something?

PPC OS X would use whatever you set it to to log in, but the newer intel OS X defaults to QWERTY for login prior to a user

I’ve also always been annoyed at mobiles for not having a ¢ symbol handy.