Retro Systems you'd like to own

1.Atari Falcon 030 (rare as unicorn,supercool dsp sound)

2.Amiga 600 (cutest homecomputer design ever made, tiny beauty but still powerful)

3.MSX Turbo-R (those Konami games,rare as seeing real extraterresterials)

3 Likes

The problem with the Amiga 600, is that quite a lot of software needed to use the nonexistent number pad.

1 Like

But you can put into A600 Vampire :slight_smile: turbocard.And flash EmuTOS rom and you will have super fast Atari ST :).See youtube…

I just bought an IBM PS/2 (a 286) with an IBM monitor, a rare-as-unicorns Make-It 486 Cyrix486slc turbo module and ISA soundcard @ 90€

I think the seller does not know how much those things go for on ebay nowadays. If I find the right mouse and keyb for it its easily worth 400$

3 Likes

I always thought those had no isa slots ? So where does the isa soundcard go ? :smile:

IBM caved to pressure. PS/1 and PS/2 systems have 1-2 ISA slots depending on model

And guess whats visible in the pictures? Yep, 2 VLSI chips ( @Matej !) . All this time and I never knew.

3 Likes

Old picture, but still :

https://imgur.com/gallery/95noqYP/new

Vectrex on top, left. I have several games + screens for it

:wink:

2 Likes

You play all of those retro systems on a flat screen tv? Shame on you. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Must admit that I am a bit jealous of that nice collection :slight_smile: Also of the mancave!

I have a small crt tv and a amiga screen just for the looks and the lightgun games.

As for Amiga 600, the one I really want is this one:

When I had the 500 a friend of mine had the black 600 and at the time it was the coolest computer I have ever seen (it was also the first black computer I had ever seen, so there might be a correlation there).

I am not sure how wide-spread the black a600 was, but I have never seen one in the wild since.

4 Likes

Woo! Just picked this up, waiting for it to warm to room temperature before turning on (to avoid condensed humidity damages)

IBM PS/2 model 30 286 with Cyrix 486slc turbo, MCGA monitor, Soundblaster and Keytronic mechanical keyboard.Not bad for 90€!!!

3 Likes

Nice, it even has the plastic keyboard cover :grin:

And Elite!

5 Likes

Just that keyboard cost 400euro.Beautiful setup!

Interesting observation: DOS games in a dos emulator was “boring” and lasted 5 min max.

Now same dos games on real hardware has the kids hooked (especially Commander Keen).

Is there something that captures the imagination better when you have tangible real hardware?

3 Likes

Commander Keen ! :scream:

1 Like

One friend from Czech have made Commander Keen on ATmega.He was main developer.I have made some brainstorming, logo…The platform name was RetroWiz (retrowiz.com).
I am sad that doesnt catched so popularity as Arduboy,Uzebox.There was amazing spritemaker tool, midi tracker…
https://youtu.be/CaUA60ZoGHs

1 Like

Here is how Retrowiz looklike.It is arduino mini PC.With ps/keyboard,vga,sdcard…But project was stopped.

2 Likes