Online Python Editor for Pokitto!

Dr Mriller

Source: pokitto-mpy-project(49).zip (81.4 KB)
Binary: build(79).bin (155.8 KB)

7 Likes

Itā€™s funny how many new game we see now that we have the python online editor.

I think itā€™s also because of the competition.
Game contests always cause a surge of new games.

Itā€™s also very easy to develop in the editor. I gotta hand it to the guys, they have done a fantastic job. This is a game changer.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a preview of what Iā€™m working on, not finished. Nothing will happen when you complete a level. No instructions, just see if you can figure it out!

titleScreen

inGame

build (17).bin (143.2 KB)

Question regarding contest rules, does ā€œFeel free to use any of these fonts for whatever purpose you see fit.ā€ count as licence for borrowed art? - http://www.zee-3.com/pickfordbros/archive/bitmapfonts.php

5 Likes

Sure it does

Quickly tried but no idea about the rules :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@jonne These entries are not any more so easy to find in this thread. I can collect them to post #2 in this thread if you do not object.

2 Likes

@Hanski , agreed!

Donā€™t count mine yet :thinking:, itā€™s not ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, here goesā€¦
Each tile gives you a number, make that many moves without crossing your path then hit A.
Wildcards are as follows,
Jack - swap a tile from the spares pile.
Queen - choose any tile horizontally or vertically, but all tiles in that line will flip.
King - Same as Queen, but only your selected tile will flip.
! - Move one tile, but reserve the ability to move anywhere by pressing B when on your starting tile.

A - Turn a tile
B - return to start tile
C - start fresh game

3 Likes

Meanwhile, I have seen no PyDoom entry from @drummyfish yetā€¦

giphy

(ā€¦ this, of course, is a joke)

4 Likes

Should there be some sort of official splash screen enforced for this? It might be nice if in the future we can easily ID any spring 2019 contest entries.

I think weā€™d be better off setting up a custom category for topics relating to the contest,
or perhaps coming up with a tag name like python-contest-01 or python-contest-03-09.
That way everythingā€™s easily grouped.

I have now collected competition entries to the post #2 of this thread: [Release & Competition] Online Python Editor for Pokitto!

Please tell, if I have missed something.

2 Likes

@spinalā€™s entry is missing

He said to wait until he was done I think.

1 Like

I requested it not be added yet, itā€™s not finished :thinking:

1 Like

If I have one complaint about something, it would be that on some games, the pokitto seems to always have a isss sound coming from the speaker, even if the game has no sound at all and to me thatā€™s a bit of a bummer. Is it something that could be fixed? Similar sounds are happening even on non python game like Pokitto GP when loading from SD or in Planet Escape when saving the game.

2 Likes

In theory yes. I believe the audio is on the same bus as the SD card (@jonne can correct me if Iā€™m wrong). It should be as simple as switching off the audio when the SD card is being accessed. I wouldnā€™t know how though.