[LIVESTREAM] Cute Demake Jam games

Hey all!

Thank you for an exciting jam!

I am planning on having a livestream, invite a guest and we’d play the games and discuss. As we have done previously.

streaming venue

• twitch
  • youtube live
  • no difference

0 voters

streaming day

• on a weekday
  • on a weekend day

0 voters

preferable time

• option 1: morning (9-11am) US, late afternoon (2-4pm) Europe, late evening AUS (10-12pm)
  • option 2: after midday (2 pm), early evening (~7pm) Europe, 2 am Australia
  • option 3: early evening US (5 pm), late evening europe (~10 pm), very early morning AUS (5-6 am)

0 voters

I does not much matter if it is on weekend or on weekday, as long as it is not during the working hours.

1 Like

@jonne You should allow multiselect in polls.

3 Likes

Your after work hours are prime time working hours in USA, that’s the problem :wink:

1 Like

Whichever streaming method you go with, just make sure there’s a recorded copy of the stream available on one or both platforms after the stream is over if possible. That way the people who missed it can watch it. (And @drummyfish can maybe grab a copy and put it on whatever has replaced Hooktube.)

5 Likes

Invidious is the free YT frontend, here’s one instance – it’s just a frontend, so if the videos are available on YT, they’ll also be available there. And then there is peertube which is a completely separate FOSS alternative with its own videos.

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning invidious. That’s how I view most youtube nowadays through the Freetube app.

Livestream poll outcome

Livestream will be on Youtube (so you can join the chat and not have to make an account on Twitch)

Livestream will be on a Saturday or Sunday at afternoon Europe time (morning US, late evening AUS)

Next weekend is not possible but 25th/26th looks likely to be doable.

I have asked @carbonacat to join this time. Mr Cat, are you ok with this plan?

Edit:

Q&A session!! You can post questions here if you want us to talk about something during the stream!

4 Likes

If you don’t mind risking a bankrupt because of my horrific accent or unclear words, sure, let me in :stuck_out_tongue:

Is anyone else going to come say a few words as well?

3 Likes

I am open to having more people, sure!

2 Likes

At the moment i am sicklisted and can’t sit for a longer time, but i will try to step by

4 Likes

A question for the livestream: Not related to the game jam but what kind of soldering equipment you are suggesting for soldering SMD components? I find it quite hard for a beginner. I have soldered componenets back in the time but these new SMD components are really tricky to solder.

1 Like

Is there a date for the livestream?

Probably could do it the coming weekend. I’ll get back to this very soon (today)

3 Likes

Unfortunately things did not align for the livestream this weekend. We will have to try 1 week from now.

3 Likes

Might not have internet then …

1 Like

What? The internet will not be available in a week’s time? What will I do with the rest of my life??

3 Likes

@Zockeromi the livestream will be when you can attend. Not earlier.

Edit: what I mean is that you’re one of the most reliable supporters of Pokitto. We can make it so that you’re able to join / or at least follow. We owe that much, its no big deal.

5 Likes

This is precisely why I said

There’s always at least one person for whom events conspire against them.
Prerecorded might not be as good as live, but it’s better than nothing.

1 Like

It’s a little complicated round here and things are changing every day - so if all goes well and the cat is feeling well i won’t have internet from saturday till thursday - i did try to explain above, but changed my mind, because i think no one really would understand anyway :laughing:

2 Likes