PokittOS

So I have been lying with Xploritto today, and well I haven’t got around to watching the new stranger things but microsoft released a Windows app the other day that is a Windows 1.1 emulator with some game elements inspired by Stranger Things, and I was thinking a Pokitto “game/app” that looked like windows 1 or even the old Apple lisa of Mac system 6 would be fun, perhaps even give it some OS stuff like PokittOffice a super bare bones word processor, PokittoDraw a etch a sketch mspaint like app, or other silly stuff based on the old operating systems, I count this would go anywhere but it is just an idea anyone can pursue if they are interested,

1 Like

An OS idea has already been discussed on various levels of seriousness, mostly in the context of @FManga’s new loader, which started to look a little bit like an OS. I would like to see that happen.

In the loader thread we already made mockups of “desktop environments”, e.g. this one that I made:

You could of course make a skin that looks like Windows XP or whatever.

I then created PokiPad with the vision of it becoming one of the first programs that would “ship” with the OS, because a text editor is a very basic tool. Also the keyboard module was intended to help create a terminal, which is even a more essential tool. Then I was thinking about creating a basic paint program as well, but haven’t started yet.

3 Likes

I may be wrong, but I think @spinal was working on something like that too.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got bored of it though :disappointed:. That happens far too often with my projects.

3 Likes