Pokitto Simulator first release - try programming the Pokitto for yourself!

is that any modified zip file for that?

min max is already defined (faked avr compatibility). i will check there was a define toggle for that

thanks for early reply, but i am try to run simulator with it but in code blocks its hang on pokitto.h header file

1 Like

yes. and you are using linux. its not ready for linux yet. on monday we will begin to fix that

ok will wait till monday

1 Like

i will also prep my linux comp for that. i am not a linux user so i will need help and testing from you guys to make it work 100%. come to the forums on monday and we will work on it together

ok thanks :grinning:

1 Like

@jonne : If you have the files to rebuild “bin/Debug/libPokitto_sim.a” it should compile with minimal work. You will need to remove the …/SDL2 directory paths and instead point code::blocks to /usr/include/SDL2 and add the directory “/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu” (on Xubuntu 16.04, might be different on another distro) in the linker tab. Then fix the uppercase on Pokitto.h and you should be good to go.

2 Likes

Yep. Thanks for the tips. & remove windows-specific sim video&audio recording

Can’t wait for the Linux version!

2 Likes

Just a question :

Why 11088 for the resolution, and not 11288 ?

difficult to divide 110 by 8 if you want to use 8*8 tiles

1 Like

Because display is 220x176 :grin:

@Anata @trelemar : welcome to the community!

oki, and why 110*88 ? :smiley:

no mode works with the simu except 110*88 ?

There is support for 220x176, 110x88, 128x64 (arduboy) and 84x64 (Gamebuino)

Sim is compiled for 110x88 at the moment but supports all modes. And some new modes also coming!

As soon as we get the kickstarter closed we begin rolling out more stuff for the community

@Anata 110x88 is half x and y of native 220x176. to save memory

Thanks! Can’t wait to start messing with the simulator. I’m tempted to boot into windows just to try it but it’s so incredibly slow on my laptop. Hoping you get a Linux version working soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Was a solution ever found for this min/max issue? I am running into the same problem.

||=== Build: HelloWorld in Pokitto_simulator_Hello_World (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|243|error: macro "min" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|265|error: macro "max" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|195|error: expected unqualified-id before 'const'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|195|error: expected ')' before 'const'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|195|error: expected ')' before 'const'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|195|error: expected initializer before 'const'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|219|error: expected unqualified-id before 'const'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|219|error: expected ')' before 'const'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|219|error: expected ')' before 'const'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|219|error: expected initializer before 'const'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|243|error: 'std::min' declared as an 'inline' variable|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|246|error: expected primary-expression before 'if'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|246|error: expected '}' before 'if'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|246|error: expected ';' before 'if'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|248|error: expected unqualified-id before 'return'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|265|error: 'max' declared as an 'inline' variable|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|268|error: expected primary-expression before 'if'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|268|error: expected '}' before 'if'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|268|error: expected ';' before 'if'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|270|error: expected unqualified-id before 'return'|
c:\mingw\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\bits\stl_algobase.h|271|error: expected declaration before '}' token|
||=== Build failed: 21 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 7 second(s)) ===|

Edit: Found a solution here: Windows & Linux Simulator repository on github but it doesn’t seem to work anymore. I’ll start a new thread with more info…

I too hope for a Linux build. :]