Pokitto Simulator first release - try programming the Pokitto for yourself!

If I try to move the simulator window, it grows then the program crashes.
Does anyone else get this?

1 Like

I have never come across such a crash. Let me try to replicate that on another machine

Will ever be planned a Linux version of the simulator?

1 Like

@DanyCork74 Yes! Both SDL2 and Code::Blocks are very platform independent. Linux version should not be a massive amount of work. The simulator will be opensourced as well in the near future (certainly before Pokittos ship) and I think by then we will have a linux version also.

@spinal [quote=“spinal, post:14, topic:156, full:true”]
If I try to move the simulator window, it grows then the program crashes.
Does anyone else get this?
[/quote]

I can not replicate this issue. I’m on a Windows 10 64-bit machine.

What is your PC setup?

I’m tried too. Windows 10 x64. Everything is fine.

1 Like

fine here (win7, x64) , thanks!

Should note for those who are just installing stuff to test this - you cannot just install codeblocks, you also need to install a compiler (gnu gcc) before it can do anything.

1 Like

Not if you install the package that was in the link. It includes Gnu gcc.

If you’re installing mingw version of CodeBlocks you don’t need anything else

Odd, I did that and it threw compile errors. Wonder what’s up. Might just need to adjust paths or something :slight_smile:

Yup, paths issue :slight_smile: all good!

2 Likes

Im windows 10 64bit on a mac mini.
I do have some other software running to change the U.I, such as windowblinds and object dock.
Ill try without those when i get a chance later tonight.

1 Like

I also wish for an os x version as a ready-to-go sdk.

SDL2 is on Mac OSX, but Code::Blocks is version 13.12. You could try to download the 13.12 and open the project file to see if the project file opens.

Meh, Code::Blocks is super ugly and a couple of years old.

Maybe i will look into how to build this with gcc and use atom. -> things i don’t like to do.

It seems that my problem has vanished. It might have been the particular skin I was applying to windowblinds, or it could have been something else completely, who knows!

1 Like

You can change editor theme

Code::Blocks has one advantage. The UI is much simpler than anything Ecclipse based. I have seen beginners strting with ecclipse: the fear of death is in their eyes

1 Like

Totally your opinion, eclipse is even worse. that’s why i use atom.

1 Like