Pokitto Magazine Issue 2: Article Submissions

@torbuntu awarded … as the 2nd only member of the community … “Tower of Strength” for continued devotion, many games and constant work on different issues, including the Pokitto magazine

Congratulations!

tower of strength @torbuntu

10 Likes

Wow! What a fantastic honor :smiley: thank you!

4 Likes

Congrats! :smile:

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but I won’t be providing the portraits anymore.
You’re free to use the portraits I’ve already provided,
or do something else from scratch, whichever.

1 Like

That is a pity :frowning: I liked your portrait of Jonne.

1 Like

Oh, that’s really sad - they where so nice and funny…

2 Likes

That’s a shame. I really liked your work on my portrait, and my wife said it was an excellent rendition of me. I hope you’re not getting too overwhelmed with projects and finding yourself burning out (that’s what happened to me years back and why I’ve been away from programming for so long).

@Pharap feel free to PM me as well if you there’s anything you’d like to get off your chest without it possibly getting taken the wrong way. A lot of my friends and coworkers have often told me I’d make a good counselor, but I think I’d do better as a friend. As always I appreciate your wisdom and knowledge of c++ and will continue to look forward to what you’re able to accomplish.

6 Likes

Is there anything in particular that folks like to see in magazines? A lot of examples of ideas have been shared, but I’m curious if anyone feels like anything is missing (such as missing from the first magazine, or that they want to see more of in this one)

From the feedback poll after issue #1, at least interviews and comic strips are higly wanted but still missing.
Anyone can make a comic strip?
Who should we interview?

5 Likes

I would absolutely love to see some Pokitto specific comics :smiley: even a short strip would be great.

As for interviews, we could try and do another like we did in the last magazine. I think it is always great seeing the different backgrounds and history of what got folks into this community.

4 Likes

Aside from finding someone able to make comics, there’s two other problems:

• What should they be about?
    • Non-fiction about the Pokitto’s development
    • A fictional plot based on some notable characters from Pokitto games
      • I can only think of Matti offhand, I don’t think we’ve had many iconic characters yet
    • Forum users
  • What format should they be?
    • Short 4-panel comics, perhaps with some humour
    • An ongoing multi-panel story

If we had some games with some proper lore and characters I could probably think up some plots.
(I couldn’t guarantee that they’d be good plots, but they’d be plots. :P)

I could easily invent some characters (as you yourself know),
but without them having some tie to an actual Pokitto game, it would seem a bit… empty.

I’d really like to make an RPG at some point.

5 Likes

I guess Rayne could be an original character too.

Developer spotlight? Have an article where Torbuntu interview a developer or a team of dev?

3 Likes

As for who to interview, why not simple pick a few forum members with some kind of Pokitto contribution under their belt, PM them and ask if they’d want to do it?

1 Like

Reveal what Matti is doing when he is not saving the world from zombies or fighting against nightmare creatures. Drinking beer and watching TV?

“In the meantime at Pokitto HQ”

• Jonne’s busy day: working, taking care of kids, and sending piles of Pokitto’s at night. No sleep at all.
  • Or, Jonne’s evil plan to rule the world with Pokitto :wink:
  • Or, “Evil-Jonne” laughing and imaging people checking their mailboxes every day for the joy-rumble hat which he will never send (as there is no such hat in reality, just photoshopped pictures) :wink:
5 Likes

Ooh! Matti comics with programmer art. Hanski, please make this happen!

2 Likes

How about this:

• Pic 1: Matti is hunted by 3 skeletons in the coffee bean plant

• Pic 2: Suddenly Matti raises his hand to stop the skeletons and showing his wrist watch which is 4 pm.

• Pic 3: The workday has come to an end. Matti is leaving for home

• Pic4: Matti relaxes after another hard workday. Sitting on the couch, watching TV, drinking beer.

4 Likes

“Pass the popcorn” says the zombie sitting next to matti

2 Likes

Pic 1: Close up of Matti. From behind his shoulder we see Zombies are chasing after Matti in a big group
Pic 2: They pass a newstand “Corona danger! Remember social distancing”
Pic 3: Zombies stop. They are all “?” “?” “?” “?”
Pic 4: Close up of Matti. From behind his shoulder we see a long neatly organized line of Zombies chasing Matti, at 3 m intervals

4 Likes

I think the green pokitto could be a comic figure as well

5 Likes

So, that is tomorrow?
:scream:

I better start writing the article. :smile:

3 Likes