Pokitto JoyHat

In my mind it has to include the prefix “MEGA” or “SUPER”

Such as…the MEGA Pokitto or as a suffix…Pokitto J’stick MEGA

:wink:

3 Likes

I beg to differ :P
(Turn your volume down before clicking on the link if you value your hearing.)

I like the ‘Jstick’ part. Sounds more original.

1 Like

I stand corrected: tiny cellphone speaker diaphragms don’t have the necessary mass to vibrate that much. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

it has to be more modern like “PokittoXs + MAX Note one pro”
jk

i would personaly like to go more on the hat theme if its just a little more rounder in the corner it almoust looks like a bowler hat

1 Like

I guess…but there’s no school like the old skool :sunglasses:

SUPER Pokitto MEGA j’stick :joy:

SUPER Pokitto MEGA X j’stick 2000.

2 Likes

For reference, if someone is interested, this is the “reference size” of a typical pokitto hat PCB from now on. All measurements in mm.

Note 2 mm holes in corners for fixing PCB.

4 Likes

@adekto : I understand your point, I really do. But (and there is always a but) :slight_smile:

1. deciding how to wire the ESP-01 (the enable lines, program lines etc) actually takes time (so that I do not conflict anything else)
  2. I am working on this under a very tight timeline. I want this hat ready within 3 weeks. I need to order PCBs ASAP. So any additional complication can only be done at a later stage
  3. I have wired an ESP8266 to Pokitto. The problem is the power. The ESP8266 draws alot of power when making contact to wi-fi. Even if you wire it, you still need additional components to smooth out the current peaks. And those components take additional design yet again.

But what I can promise is that I will make a “prototype hat” PCB that has the basic connetions and a matrix of traces so you can easily build on top of that.

3 Likes

Alright…you win :slight_smile:

Hehe :joy::+1:

1 Like

We need one of these for the Arduboy too.
I can’t remember who it was but someone was asking for that a long time ago.
(I remember taking rough measurements with a ruler.)

Should I stick it on the ‘todo’ list or have you got them to hand?

So in other words a breadboard hat?

Or would it need soldering?

Ordered!

(sorry if something suggested did not get included. I want to get this done fast)

4 Likes

I ordered from them. The system is really excellent and the cost was cheap.

So thanks for the tip

Vibration motor sample arrived

5 Likes

it looks kind of cute actually, that motor

2 Likes

Yea, you have to be careful not to put too much force feedback. It will knock you off the chair!

2 Likes

Yeah! Best not to overuse the “Who’s a good boy?”

I can’t remember what pins I used for the rumble in ‘sensitive’ I might have to update it :sunglasses:

Pcbs arrived for the hats!

5 Likes

I’m so jelly of your mail system. :sob:

Time for components.

7 Likes