Pokitto Assembly Instructions

Looks great! A lot clearer than some instruction manuals I’ve seen (I’m looking at you, IKEA)…

How close are you to shipping? I’m excited for the consoles to arrive :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks nice, i am just missing the LEGO logo in the top :grin:

Is the screen an exposed LCD screen? Or is there a plastic covering of some sort to protect it?

1 Like

it is exposed, but it is really tough according to Jonne. So it can take a beating and is scratch resistent.

Or do this :
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/887822-REG/sensei_sps_ds_soft_screen_protector_w_screen.html

1 Like

what does the ‘Attention - feather’ icon actually mean?

1 Like

I thought at first that the sprues on the A and B buttons were being used to keep them aligned until I looked closer. Is the box that shows that the sprue for the A button must be completely trimmed there because the screen would hit it otherwise?

I like the simple way the screen is held in place. Everything seems to make sense from the instructions. Seems simple enough to take only a couple minutes, if that!

Does the feather mean “this is delicate, be careful!” about flipping the front case over with the ribbon cable? Is that cable somewhat delicate? That was my guess for what it meant.

(When I first saw this topic, I thought it was about the assembly instructions of the arm chip until I clicked on it, haha. Totally different meaning…)

1 Like

There is a protective film. You can leave it on if you want.

1 Like

It means:

3 Likes

There are 2 thick sprues for making sure A/B are right way round and the A/B labels are upright. The stem that you need to cut off is the stem which attaches the button to the stalk. Its much clearer when you have the parts in hand. You wont make a mistake.

It means don’t be a hamfisted baboon! No, joking aside: the buttons will jump out of their places if you just crunch the case together. If you do it slowly and gently there is no problem.

I have not broken even 1 ribbon cable. They seem to be OK strengthwise.

3 Likes

Looks good. Is it going to be a printed leaflet, or just something online?

1 Like

I’ll likely do that, then. If there wasn’t, I was going to clamp some protective film between the screen and housing.

Printed leaflet………

5 Likes

I was thinking of getting a glass phone screen protector and attempting to cut it to fit… But perhaps the plastic film kind would fit better.

They remind me of lego instructions🙂
How appropriate too.

Imagine pokitto as the brain of a lego mindstorms kit.

1 Like

How did you created those instructions? They look so neat!

1 Like
1 Like

Exported as Photoshop straight from Solidworks drawing with some tweaks to line widths and rendering

1 Like

If like me any of you are worried about scratching the screen, You can create a simple screen protector from any thin clear plastic. I used the window from a cheesecake box, but any thin plastic will do. Just cut it to 38mm x 51mm and it will fit perfectly inside the case in front of the screen.

4 Likes

If I ever get a Pokitto, I will do that. Brilliant idea.

But how much is the screen? Maybe you can get a second screen and never worry again? I do not like the screen protectors :confused: (glare, reduced quality of the image, etc)

2 Likes