Soon we will be hosting our first competition.
The challenge is to create a piece of sprite art in a 160x160 16-colour format for use in the game Pok15.
As this will be the first ever contest,
there will be a few polls to gather ‘public opinion’ on some of the aspects of the competition.
These polls will be found in a comment after the post.
The full list of rules is currently being developed but not yet ready to be presented.
When it is ready, it will be posted here.
There will be a guaranteed prize for the person who comes first place,
and potentially additional prizes for runners up.
All submitted art will be featured in the Pok15 game.
- Submissions (Delayed)
Details Of Events
The competition will pan out as thus:
- There will be a period in which people can suggest themes via comment.
- There will then be a period in which people can vote on the suggested themes to decide which themes will be used in the competition.
- Shortly after that the contest period itself will begin and people will have an alloted time period in which to work on their art pieces.
- When the contest period is over, there will be a voting period in which members of the forum will vote on which piece they think deserves to win the competition.
- When the voting period is over, the results will be recorded and the winners will be announced.
- Theme Submissions: 2018/05/16 - 2018/05/21
- Theme Voting: 2018/05/21 - 2018/05/26
- Contest Stage: 2018/05/27 - 2018/06/10
- Contest Voting: 2018/06/10 - 2018/06/17
The contest has been delayed temporarily while a few last-minute decisions are discussed.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
(This schedule is subject to change in the event of unforseen circumstances.)
To be confirmed
The rules listed here use several keywords with specific meanings:
- must - an absolute requirement
- must not - an absolute prohibition
- should - recommended but not required
- should not - not recommended but not prohibited
- may - permitted but entirely optional
Rules established with the keyword may (henceforth ‘may rules’) can sometimes overrule rules established with the keyword must or must not if the former ‘may rule’ establishes an exception to the latter rule(s).
Rules are numbered and divided into numbered sections.
Rules can be referenced by their section number followed by the rule number,
e.g. Rule 4.3 refers to the 3rd rule of section 4
If you have any questions about the rules, feel free to ask.
List Of Rules
The list of rules has been hidden to save page space.
Simply click the arrow to show the full list.
- Submissions must be 160 pixels in width and 160 pixels in height
- Submissions must not use more than 16 colours
- Submissions may use less than 16 colours
Image file format
- Submissions should be submitted in PNG format
- Submissions must not be submitted in JPEG format
- Submissions must be uploaded to the forum
- Submissions may be uploaded elsewhere
- Submissions must display some amount of originality
- Submissions must not be direct copies of existing artwork
- Submissions may resemble existing artwork if the intent is homage or parody and the submission is significantly different from the source image
- Submissions must not include trademarked or copyrighted material
- Submissions may resemble trademarked or copyrighted material if the intent is homage or parody and the submission is significantly different from the source material
- Submissions must not include non-fictional brands or brand logos (i.e. even if they aren’t trademarked or copyrighted)
Image subject matter - Violence
- Submissions must not depict graphic violence
- Submissions may depict mild fantasy violence
Image subject matter - Sexual content
- Submissions must not depict full nudity
- Submissions must not depict sexual activity
Image subject matter - Drugs
- Submissions must not depict the use of drugs other than caffeine, alcohol, nicotine or prescribed medicine
- Submissions may depict the consumption of caffeine
- Submissions may depict the consumption of alcohol
- Submissions may depict the ingestion of nicotine
- Submissions may depict the use of tobacco
- Submissions may depict the use of prescribed medicine
Image subject matter - Miscellaneous
- Submissions may depict gambling
- Submissions must not depict non-fictional political figures
- Submissions may depict buildings used for political discourse
- Submissions must not depict non-fictional war
- Submissions may depict war in a fantasy setting
- Submissions must not depict non-fictional discrimination
- Submissions must not depict urine or faecal matter
Please feel free to provide feedback so the competition process can improve for future events.
- Were any of the competition stages too long or too short?
- Did the competition seem organised or disorganised?
- Was there enough information available?