Kraken theme making tool

This is a FemtoIDE project that will help with kraken theme creation process.
Change colors and images click build & run to visual the changes immediately.
When you finish with your theme you can share the folder with the community.

There is a wiki article that have more information about themes.

What’s needed

• copy to SD is checked for the kraken folder.
  • femtoIDE version 0.1.4 or more.

Special thank @FManga for helping with script.

Download

KrakenThemeMaker.zip (345.2 KB)

7 Likes

Just tried running the ThemeMaker in FemtoIDE v0.0.16 and am having trouble.
image Screenshot from 2020-03-15 10-48-01

Is this how it is supposed to look?

1 Like

Maybe I am wrong but I think the theme maker only converts the images you want to use right? After you just copy the converted file on the SD in the right folder. At least that’s what I did when I worked on my theme.

It’s not supposed to look like what you posted.

I can’t even get the emulator to run now. I just tried to run the project linked here with no changes.

Are there any changes I need to make to the project.json to update it to 0.1.6 of FemtoIDE?

Are you sure “Copy to SD” is checked on the Kraken folder?

It wasn’t, but checking it didn’t change anything. The emulator still just opens and immediately closes.

I would still like very mucht to make themes for kraken, but last I tried I’m still hitting the same issue and cannot even get the default to load here.

1 Like

So, not out of the ordinary, I retried this today (after fixing up my FemtoIDE install) and behold, it works!
User error on part of Tor strikes again :laughing:

Now time to make a custom theme :smiley:

Edit:
Or not :sob: got it to load up once. Now I get an endless Attempt to write to flash error.

Edit 2:
Discovered that the symptom is where after running in PokittoEmu, when I close the emulator, the /bin/LOA.DER file becomes truncated and thus ruined :eyes: replacing it with a new fixed LOA.DER file fixes that.
Now to figure out why it is even being truncated to begin with :thinking:

Edit 3, a happy ending:
Thanks to @FManga a more perminent fix is to rename the /bin/LOA.DER file to /bin/LOA.bin

And now I can get to work building some cool themes. After a long 15 months of me being a dope :laughing:

6 Likes