Hat Ideas

here you go, though i would not really call this a hat, its just one IR led that should do the trick for most tv’s

2 Likes

I was digging through my gear to see if I had an IR led to make a remote controlling app. Turns out I only have the receiver part. So I’ll be getting the ir led to make it happen!

3 Likes

ir communication (pokitto to pokitto) would be interesting though not very effective.

1 Like

This would be a super delight to me to see!

yea i guess it cant be helped, its the simplest hat to make anyway
only issue is what type of protocol to send back and forth

A breadboard hat would be pretty handy,
like how Arduino boards have breadboard ‘shields’.

Instead of having loads of wires hanging out of the Pokitto, you could have breadboard channels designated to the input/output of certain extension ports.

Very handy for education and projects.

I like the idea. How big a breadboard?

1 Like

Depends whether it would plug directly into the PEX or whether it would be connected via some cabling.

If it’s connected directly to the Pokitto, probably about the size of the Pokitto’s screen.
(Big enough to be useful, not big enough to topple over.)

If it’s connected via some flexible cabling, then at least as big as the Pokitto itself.
(Since you can lay it flat on a surface and still hold the Pokitto if there’s a bit of flex available.)

Or it could be as big as the Pokitto and it could connect to the back of the Pokitto.
(Using the hands and feet for support.)
Might be too fiddly to use though?
(And it would need a way to access the flash button on the back,
and perhaps a way to avoid disturbing the speaker…)

If it’s a grid of 0.1" holes that cover most of the board, edge to edge, then it’s usually pretty easy to break or cut a large board into a smaller one. For this reason, I’d tend to make it fairly large.

something like this for Pokitto would be awesome for prototyping! image

Since currently I’m doing this

1 Like

Rumble backpack?

3 Likes

Question is, which is better, backpack or boots?

(Image from the original post.)

I have no idea how feasible this is but… how about a Pokitto in a watchx format?
No case, shrunken board with just 3 sideways-facing buttons (A, B, C), glued on screen.
The directionals, flash button, speaker, and battery could optionally be added by means of soldering pads.

The idea being that you prototype hardware projects with a standard Pokitto, then make a final with a barebones Pokitto.

1 Like

A wearable variant of pokitto would be so awesome actually! I have a wearable bbc micro:bit but find the programming for it a bit offputting.

1 Like

Began work on this already, ordered the components last night. The idea is a fixed solderless breadboard that attaches directly to Pokitto

3 Likes

Anyone else imagining Jones work bench covered in hundreds of hat prototypes?

After seeing a picture on discord I imagine that @jonne s workbench is in a little cabine covered in the middle of the woods!

3 Likes

Close. A little cabin in the middle of the city.

3 Likes

Pokitto need an esp8266 serial WiFi hat

esp8266-esp-12-serial-wifi-wireless-transceiver-smd-module-500x500

this wifi hat will enable a lot of possibilities:

• multiplayer local or over the cloud.
  • internet of things (IoT).
  • and a lot more esp8266 is very powerful chip.
5 Likes

Pokitto CLiK hat
Just a simple low megapixel camera in a hat with a shutter button that can save its low res images to the sd card, and to go with it

The pokitter a thermal printer akin to the old game boy printer it would need its own battery, and prints b&w prints of CLiK hat pics on thermal paper like cash registers / credit card machines use and if it could be found that sticker paper the Gb printer had.

3 Likes