GPIO Header Pinout

Can we get GPIO pinout image or something else? I want to create some external Hardware for pokitto

2 Likes

Ofcourse. I am going to go cut some wood (no really, this is Finland) :grinning: and after I come back I will put the pinout here.

Thanks for a great question! The Pokitto “head-header” is exactly intended for the purpose of your own modules & exciting announcements will be coming about that later!

1 Like

Ahah okay. Thanks for reply :smile:

I will come to this in a minute. I need to make a clear drawing for you.

2 Likes

How do EXT 0 - EXT 17 relate to the actual pins on the LPC11U68?

1 Like

I will make a schematic about it. I am at the moment on a laptop which doesn’t have the PCB files. Will get back to this.

1 Like

…is there any kind of protection circuitry on the GPIO header to avoid users accidentally shorting or overloading pins and potentially damaging the microcontroller?

yes and no. I think the chip itself has overload protection, you can not get more than x amount of current. For example the lcd backlight can not be driven from a pin. It didnt break the pin. As for short circuit, with the 3v3 supplied by the system the only real danger is directly shorting 3v3 and ground. The battery however has short protection and should shut down in such a case

I am considering option to use the Pokitto as a replacement for a LEGO Mindstorm brain.

The idea (if it make sense) is to use a motor driver (I have some from Adafruit, Ryanteck or Pimoroni). Connect a power source (LEGO) some Power function motor, some legacy RCX motor and sensory and use spare LEGO cable.

I just need to make sure I can access the GPIO. I2C might be useful for newer Mindstorm sensor.

Is the connector needed for the GPIO the same as old PC disk drive?

1 Like

Almost. it is a 0.1" header. The Pokitto side is female to prevent accidental short circuit

We will be selling the connectors in the webshop because they are not so common

Any chance that you also sell protoboards or user submitted designs?

1 Like

Yes! Community can sell their stuff on Pokitto.com and we will support that 100%

1 Like

@MLXXXp

1 Like