Banner and Title Menu by @pixelbath
- Blue top left: This is the Bot’s Shield meter representing the level of the Bot’s Power. If this empties the Bot will be corrupt and will have to be recovered with VBUST_RECOV.EXE
- Green bottom left: This is the Bot’s Charge meter. This automatically recovers. This is used for both Charged shots and to provide a temporary speed boost by transforming the Blaster into a Booster. Be aware that this will consume Charge and prevent the Bot from firing the Blaster.
- Red top right:
- In the normal sectors fighting waves of Viruses this meter represents the total number of Viruses detected in the sector.
- In a boss battle this is the Boss Viruses total accumulated Power.
- Red bottom right:
- In the normal sectors this meter represents the total number of Viruses in the current wave.
- In boss battles where they contain a Charge Blast, this meter represents the charge of the Boss’s Power before a Charge Blast.
- The numbers in the middle represent the ZONE and SECTOR currently being cleared.
The field of battle contains various obstacles such as Computer Chips and Virus Spawn Portals.
The Bot is unable to traverse through or fire Blasts through the Chips or Spawn Portals.
Viruses are able to travel freely over the Spawn Portals, however they have some trouble navigating the Computer Chips. This can be used to the advantage of the player.
When a Virus gets close to the Bot it will begin chomping and attempting to bite the Bot.
The HUD is at the top, and explained previously. On the Bottom row you will see the current collection of Mini Fragments as well as, if active, the Magnet strength percent.
Between stages the Bot will transport to a Shop program for repairs and potential upgrades, this is the PROG_UPG.EXE program.
From top down inside the shop window:
- The current collection of Mini Fragments. This is the virtual currency the Bot uses to purchase upgrades and repairs.
- The current selection is represented by the
- The price of Mini Fragments is always the first column in a row, followed by the Upgrade name.
- The meter on the right is the current progress of Upgrades. It will remain Blue until it is full, at which point it becomes Green and Fully Upgraded.
Upgrades and their purpose:
- Rate: How many Blasts can be active on screen at any given time.
- Refresh: The speed in which new Blasts are reloaded. NOTE: This will require a Blast is available through Rate upgrades. If refresh is complete with only a Rate of 1, and that 1 is still on screen, it will wait for that Blast to be available.
- Shield: The Power level of the Bot. It is important to keep an eye on this to ensure the Bot does not fall to corruption!
- Charge: How quickly the Charge meter refills. This is important for both Charged Blasts as well as Booster recovery!
- Magnet: When active, this will attract Mini Fragments recovered from standard Viruses. The more upgraded the Magnet, the quicker Mini Fragments will be attracted to the Bot. This will be crucial to avoid Boosting into large groups of Viruses to collect the Mini Fragments.
- Damage: How powerful the Charged Blast is. Note this will have no affect on the damage of standard Blast shots.
I started this game just prior to the Java of the Dead Jam to learn the Javitto in FemtoIDE. I decided I liked it enough to pick it up and give it a face lift into modern FemtoIDE Javitto programming. It has been a lot of work to fix my crappy code but it is getting to a point where I can extend it and turn it into an actual nice game.
The story - You guide a Program (tbd name) in clearing the Sectors of a Device (Probably Pokitto, because it is awesome). The Pokitto has become corrupt, so you must guide the program through the sectors clearing them of viruses.
- Multiple weapon drops from dead enemies (Program power ups) -Deferred to future version post-release
- You will have a Shield meter:
- How much power is left connected to your program. As Viruses attack your program, you lose connection.
- The goal is to clear all the sectors of the Pokitto so the users can play their games again.
First Release Goal:
- 4 Zones with multiple Sectors to clear. Zones 1 through 3 (0 is introductory level that ends after the mini boss) have unique Final Bosses that must be destroyed to collect the stolen Mega-Fragments.
- Collect Micro-Fragments from destroyed enemies to purchase upgrades for your Blaster (Rate of fire and Refresh speed), and Bot-Magnet that will determine if and how quickly Micro-Fragments are attracted to the Bot. Can also use Micro-Fragments to repair your shield.
- 1 Special Zone unlocked after all Mega-Fragments are collected and the Core is repaired (Endless Mode)