[Game]The Villainy of Cat Food Inc

Awesome game, just won the game!

3 Likes

Thanks for the hint - I wasnā€™t aware of that. :sweat_smile:
So the music should be in a folder named ā€œvocfiā€ on the SD card.

BIN with corrected paths: vocfi.bin (188.8 KB)
Music with shorter filenames: vocfi_music.zip (3.1 MB)

Also, the mighty source code: VoCFI.zip (164.2 KB)

Thanks for trying the game - glad to hear that the rest works.

1 Like

No, please make it so that the songs are in /music directory (no subfolders) in order not to clutter the gamedisk further

3 Likes

Oh, okayā€¦ Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the info. So now we have these files:

A fancy POP file:
vocfi.pop (384.2 KB)
[Edit: I noticed that the cutscenes are too fast on an actual Pokitto, so I slowed them down a bit.]

Properly named music files that must be in the music/-folder:
vocfi_music.zip (803.3 KB)
[Edit: Now that I have a Pokitto I noticed that the music was in the wrong format. :roll_eyes:)

The mighty source code (project for Online Micropython IDE):
VoCFI.zip (164.7 KB)
[Edit: Also updated.]

Thanks a lot for the help - Iā€™m still wondering if the music is even working, though. :sweat_smile:
[Edit: No, it didnā€™t. :stuck_out_tongue: ā€¦ the music doesnā€™t sound that good on the Pokitto, so I may do something about this laterā€¦ ]

5 Likes

For some reason the music would hang for a few seconds during the outro, so I had to work around this bit.

Anyway: Final release (until I find more issues). Now with nicer graphics and music! :cat2: :notes:

6 Likes

Great! I will try this.

2 Likes

Got to the second level :grin: I was plesantly surprised that there are new gaming elements introduced there. Overall, there are clever and rewarding puzzles in the game. I encourage everyone to try this ā€œhidden gemā€!
Ps. The little animated stories in the beginning of the level are great also.

3 Likes

@ServalKatze Have you designed the levels by yourself? They are very good for a hobby game :+1:

1 Like

@Hanski Thanks for trying the game and the feedback. :slight_smile:

The first two levels were made by my husband for the original version of the game that was made during a Pyweek competition (improved version moved to GitHub).

But since the maps needed to be a lot smaller for Pokitto, Iā€™ve made the other levels by myself. Actually, I just put down a general level shape, added some objects and then tried to figure out a solution.

5 Likes

I couldnā€™t resist holding off any longer so I finally gave this a go!
Initial reaction is entirely positive. This gave me the same feel of playing a Gameboy Color game :smiley: Loved the intro! The puzzles are fun and challenging, almost reminds me of some of the basement puzzles in Pokemon Silver.

I thought I beat it, but then things got intense! Definitely a great game. Thanks for making it! I enjoyed it a lot :smiley:

4 Likes