stack_loop

StackShifter

Stack Shift

An explosive, stacking game!

Graphics    @vampirics
Code          @filmote
Tester         Jessica

Source        Source Code
ZIP              StackShift.zip (4.5 MB)

Version 1.2

Version 1.2 adds a new challenge - race the timer to achieve your target score. You must act quickly!

Installation Instructions

This game consists of a POP file and supporting sound assets packaged in a .zip file. Please expand the contents into a directory on you computer - you will see a POP file and a sub-directory called music. Please ensure both the .POP file and folder are copied to the root directory of your SD card.

Depending on what other games are installed on your Pokitto, you may already have a sub-directory called /music on your machine. If prompted, simply merge the contents of the Stack Shift directory with the folder already on your machine. The names of the file are unique and should not clash!

Pic1  StackShift_01

StackShift_02  StackShift_03

StackShift_04

View @retr0rob’s YouTube video:

13 Likes

Oh my gosh this looks so fun! I have to try it out today as soon as possible!

1 Like

Its explosive!

2 Likes

This is insane! Speakers should be required, because this soundtrack is epic!

1 Like

Just a some additional info on the game.

Pressing down makes the stack fall faster
Pressing up makes the stack fall directly on the floor
On Hard mode, rocks are added to some stacks, those rocks cant be matched to destroy, you need to destroy something next to them to crack them and another time to destroy them.

3 Likes

Plays very well! The objects are bit too tiny to my taste. Animation and sfx are very nice.
Does anybody else experience a lot of noise in the bg music?

3 Likes

A bit yes. I thought it was just part of a recording :eyes:

1 Like

Wow, the style of this game looks really nice! Definitely want to try it out soon. The main title reminds me of the 3DO logo:

2 Likes

Looks completely fantastic again :heart:

4 Likes

Purely coincidental.

A bit too - but then I have never had much luck with sound on the Pokitto. The original track is in the repo if anyone can do a better conversion. I would love someone to show me how to do it better than what I did … I used Audacity, rendered it down to a single track, normalised it and reduced the volume so it wouldn’t drown out the sound effects. Then I exported it at 16Khz.

1 Like

The particle effect and falling blocks theme wouldn’t happen to have been inspired by a certain entry into a recent game jam on another platform by any chance, would it? :P

Absolutely … that little game is quite fun. We took the concept - and the particles code - and made it into something we think is better for the Pokitto. The falling blocks theme is a well-worn concept and can be traced back to many, many games,

3 Likes

V1.1 now released … with 3 soundtracks.

9 Likes

We have a new release coming up with a bigger, better challenge level!

5 Likes

Version 1.2 released.

This version adds a new challenge - race the timer to achieve your target score. You must act quickly!

2 Likes

Important Note:

Version 1.2 will wipe out you existing high scores as I had to change the cookie structure to support the new version. If you are holding on to a score that you want to publish in the High Scores thread then do it before you update!

2 Likes

Hey, I just embeded a link to @retr0rob’s review in the OP but it doesn’t show a preview pic.

It does show it when previewing it in the editor … strange.

How do you do that?

The preview shows up fine for me. I think it takes discourse a minute to generate the actual preview. Otherwise the only special requirement for it is the link has to be on it’s own line with nothing else (which you did).

Really awesome job on this game you guys.

1 Like

Mm … it seems to be just me. I still have no preview two hours later!

Thanks! We are changing direction and looking at a ‘pass and play’ multiplayer card game (as you know)!

2 Likes

Works for me also.

1 Like