[Game]Prelude to a Dream (v0.2.0 Chapters 1 & 2)

Nice! The adventure continues. I am ready for new challenges :wink:

4 Likes

Finally, its Friday! Now I have time to continue the quest :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m really excited to hear what everyone thinks of Chapter 2 since it’s considerably longer and shows the direction I’m going with this game.

2 Likes

Looks great!

I also found one bug: I go beyond the borders of 1st chapter town, enter to the 2nd chapter and then go back to the town. If I now try to escape from the town, I get a “To be continued” message and I am staying in the town no matter what.

4 Likes

I will have to examine the event later when I get home. Will get that fixed easily enough.

2 Likes

Turns out the overworld was teleporting to the maps/town1.dat instead of maps/town1_postRaid.dat Just posted version 0.2.1 to fix this. If you already have v0.2.0 then you only need to replace the preludetoadream.pak to fix it.

4 Likes

I do not want to spoil too much but I am ready for the cave now :wink:
There is no shortage of surprising plot twists so far!

Anybody solved the chapter 2 already?

3 Likes

Awesome so you’re about halfway through Chapter 2 :wink:

The dialog for the first part of Chapter 2 was a bit difficult to write :wink:

Already getting started on laying out the groundwork for Chapter 3. Chapter 3 will feature more towns, more people, and a lot more tangents that all add meaning to the story as a whole.

4 Likes

@tuxinator2009 , congratulations. My longest ever single play session on Pokitto at 57 min

This game is an amazing feat just from the point of view of how well it works and what a huge amount of work it contains

7 Likes

Dividing the game into chapters was a very good idea also! Now we can give early feedback and we do not have to wait for the game to be finished.

1 Like

putting this on my pokitto now

3 Likes

and I really like it, though are there any weapons those rats are tough

1 Like

The rats are really tuff in the beginning, but when leaving the cave they’re total push overs. Be warry of the boss though and be sure to save often.

Added a smaller loop gif for the games page (inside the [ details ] section)

3 Likes