[Game]Prelude to a Dream (v0.2.0 Chapters 1 & 2)

Nice! The adventure continues. I am ready for new challenges :wink:

4 Likes

Finally, its Friday! Now I have time to continue the quest :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m really excited to hear what everyone thinks of Chapter 2 since it’s considerably longer and shows the direction I’m going with this game.

2 Likes

Looks great!

I also found one bug: I go beyond the borders of 1st chapter town, enter to the 2nd chapter and then go back to the town. If I now try to escape from the town, I get a “To be continued” message and I am staying in the town no matter what.

4 Likes

I will have to examine the event later when I get home. Will get that fixed easily enough.

2 Likes

Turns out the overworld was teleporting to the maps/town1.dat instead of maps/town1_postRaid.dat Just posted version 0.2.1 to fix this. If you already have v0.2.0 then you only need to replace the preludetoadream.pak to fix it.

4 Likes

I do not want to spoil too much but I am ready for the cave now :wink:
There is no shortage of surprising plot twists so far!

Anybody solved the chapter 2 already?

3 Likes

Awesome so you’re about halfway through Chapter 2 :wink:

The dialog for the first part of Chapter 2 was a bit difficult to write :wink:

Already getting started on laying out the groundwork for Chapter 3. Chapter 3 will feature more towns, more people, and a lot more tangents that all add meaning to the story as a whole.

4 Likes

@tuxinator2009 , congratulations. My longest ever single play session on Pokitto at 57 min

This game is an amazing feat just from the point of view of how well it works and what a huge amount of work it contains

6 Likes

Dividing the game into chapters was a very good idea also! Now we can give early feedback and we do not have to wait for the game to be finished.

1 Like

putting this on my pokitto now

3 Likes

and I really like it, though are there any weapons those rats are tough

1 Like

The rats are really tuff in the beginning, but when leaving the cave they’re total push overs. Be warry of the boss though and be sure to save often.