[Game]Pok15 [WIP]

Perfect! Already an awesome work.

Yes, good work @adekto !

Filippo, here is few of the ā€œofficialā€ Pokitto images. I think one (not all) should be used, if used. Pick one or none at all, your call.

It may be that ā€œpixel artā€ style is more consistent, and this kind of images should not be used.

But in any case, since I had them, and it was easy to make them 160x160x16 here they are.

3 Likes

A low-res entry (since I had the graphics ready). Its actually 80x80 but scaled 2x.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll get round to contributing one when Iā€™m a bit less preoccupied,
but for now, Iā€™ll donate this on behalf of Vampirics from the Pokitto forum.

Hopefully when heā€™s got more time heā€™ll be able to make something by hand.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: Who is this nice guy?

Sorry, I donā€™t know what his/her name is.
All I know is that he/she is Vampiricsā€™ dog.

1 Like

Sheā€™s called Shadow. On that image she was 6 months old. But now sheā€™s 1 year old.

2 Likes

Thank you. Beautiful girlšŸ˜

Itā€™s rather interesting that 16 colors works so well in @Pharap 's photo. I had to check if it really was 16 colors and lo and behold it was.

1 Like

by Luis Zuno (@ansimuz) (CC0 license = public domain)

3 Likes

Sun in the swamp by JAP (CC0) https://opengameart.org/content/oil-painting-landscapes

3 Likes

Horse of Spring by lancelot_gao (CC BYA 3.0)

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s surprising how well it can turn out. I basically opened a picture in Photoshop, made it in 16 indexed colours (perceptive) and cropped it at 160x160. Most pictures i tried were looking fine too. Still sorry i donā€™t have time to contribute something better for now.

2 Likes

Thanks @jonne. Lots of good stuff.
Iā€™ve found this site full of goodies http://pixeljoint.com/ but I canā€™t understand if I can use any of the material there.
Anyone have experience with their term of use ?

Each image there is going to have its own restrictions, often unstated with a licence, and in general, are there only to be viewed, not to be used by anyone else.
Opengameart is the better source, unless you want to go through the trouble of asking people for permission.

The only term I can see in their terms of use that would affect using the art is the ā€œLimitations on Useā€ clause, but itā€™s ambiguous as to whether itā€™s referring to just the site or to the art submitted by users as well.

In which case, Iā€™d assume the default case of all artists having sole copyright of their art (and giving the website licence to display it) and thus having to ask the person individually if youā€™re allowed to use their art.

Seems very expansive in terms of time. But I feel itā€™s something really due, I have a lot of respect the artists capable to produce such a pleasant piece of art with such less resources.
Anyway Iā€™ll will stuck to this community over Opengameart. I have some material now and maybe in future other people would like to post their jobs.

2 Likes

I see thereā€™s a forum, so maybe just post a topic about it and hope that someone answers.

Perhaps even link back here, itā€™s better to be transparent about the whole thing.
We donā€™t have anything to hide (*hides skooma*).
Maybe weā€™ll even get an extra user or two if they like the look of the Pokitto.

4 Likes

Just updated with new graphics.

Thanks all for support.

3 Likes

Just an idea. Would you guys like to organize a 160x160x16 pixel art compo? I will gladly donate a Pokitto for the winner.

Edit: I know there are many ways & existing platforms how to arrange it, but I personally do not have time to do it. If someone can organize rules & way to judge entries, then I am happy to provide prize(s).

5 Likes