[Game]Planet Escape [wip]

Wow. Is that really the case? I need to look into this.

Do you get a random result if you switch off and switch on again?

1 Like

Yes, every time I turn on my Pokitto, the generated terrain is different. It does seem like I get the same world occasionally, but it is definitely randomized, and itā€™s almost never the same thing twice in a row.

Thanks. In that case I will test also.

@Vampirics - have you set the time of your Pokitto?

2 Likes

I will check when I will be back home. But I am pretty sure I did set it. But letā€™s say I didnā€™t itā€™s not setting itself at something like 12:00 if you donā€™t set it?

1 Like

just check the time, switch off and check again after some time.

if time is still same / has not kept time, please report

1 Like

You were right. The time must have been reseted when the charge was empty.

I think the time should still sets itself at something by default donā€™t you think?

Anyway it works now.

Updateā€¦ While I did set the timeā€¦ For some reason the time isnā€™t advancing. So it just stay to the time I set foreverā€¦ Pretty sure itā€™s not normal right?

Right now the clock is stuck at 22h29.0

Would you be confident with opening up your Arduboy and taking a picture of the board?

I could be totally off but Iā€™ve got a hunch.

1 Like

No, that is not normal. In fact, I think you may have the same problem as @Phoenix

I suspect the LDO (voltage regulator) for your RTC (real time clock) is not in place.

This is a production issue, and I need to talk to Daniel about it. Mind you only 2 instances of this problem have been found so far. I usually check the clock works before shipping.

Again, you will also get a new board. PM me to make sure I have the right address. (@Phoenix, havenā€™t gotten to ship your replacement yet, will do it today/tomorrow).

4 Likes

ā€¦ ok I will open it. Mine came pre built, how do I open it without breaking it? How do you remove the Lego lock pieces?

I can open them with fingers, use a flat (normal, not sharp) to gently pry open the pieces with a table knife if you have problems. Its very easy and difficult to do so badly that you would break anything

1 Like

A credit card works pretty good to that effect!

2 Likes

@jonne i opened my precious Pokitto, and took a picture, i sent it to you in a PM. I did check if it was like the image that @Phoenix posted but mine seems to be ok.

This is just really weird. i never noticed that problem until now because i never really have to check the time on it.

2 Likes

Well sometimes this things happen, machines also arenā€™t perfectā€¦ Thanks again for this superb service, will wait for the new board.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s partly what I was thinking, though I thought that was the only incident, I didnā€™t realise it was the second.

A non-working clock is almost certain to be a hardware issue either way.

My tool of choice is a metal ruler.
I always start with the bottom left corner to make use of the gap next to the USB port, which I pull open with my fingers at first.

Itā€™s best to open it face down so the buttons donā€™t fly everywhere.

Hopefully in the future weā€™ll make a bigger deal of the time so itā€™s more obvious.
Maybe the time should appear on the headphone screen or something?

1 Like

@Vampirics @Pharap : this is not the same issue.

I looked at the picture @Vampirics sent and on his board everything looks fine

I really have no idea why @vampirics cloc kun doesnā€™t work, these two cases are not related. The knocked ldo on @phoenix board is the only case of its kind

4 Likes

A new version has been added to the original post.

I have added a number of new features, including multiple crafting stations and chests!

I think now there is enough content that saving is getting pretty important, so the next step is to add saving. I just wanted to put what I have out now in case the implementation for saving takes a while to finish.

Edit: I added quite a few things, so I forgot that it might be helpful to mention that leaves have a chance of dropping a seedling, which can be planted. If planted on grass, and with enough room, it will eventually grow into a tree!

5 Likes

Canā€™t wait for saving! Great job so far.

5 Likes

@wuuff , apologies for editing your thread title. I am reorganizing the game projects, and I didnā€™t want this to get ā€œlostā€ in history

3 Likes

Man this game is amazing! The only thing that really bothers me (besides saving) is when I try to build under me by jumping and then placing a block, I keep accidentally clipping through walls. Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m using the version from the game disk(?) But I canā€™t test since my internetā€™s out. Anyways this is a great game, itā€™s crazy to think that you did it on pokitto.

3 Likes