[Game]PiCross [V1.0]

picross

Video

Graphics   @vampirics
Code        @filmote

Source       Source Code
BIN             PiCross_Pokitto.bin (136.4 KB)
POP           PiCross_Pokitto.pop (407.1 KB)

Classic PiCross game with 300 puzzles ranging in size from 5x5 to 16x16.

Gain ‘hints’ as you correctly solve puzzles to help you later when you tackle the larger ones.

This version replaces the original Arduboy conversion found at [Game]PiCross (Direct Port)

2    3

2    3

This is a Beta or WIP version. The game play is complete but we are looking to add some background music tracks although this is proving difficult!

13 Likes

Wow! Two games at once. You are spoiling us :wink: They both look very polished too.

1 Like

Thanks … the polish comes from @Vampirics clean graphics.

It might be a long time before the next game though. These two were both Arduboy ports and now we are debating what will be the next, original game!

3 Likes

There are a lot of game genres that do not yet exist for Pokitto.

1 Like

Oh, i love picross …
And did i mention we still miss a somid pinball game :laughing:?

There’s a reason for that, the physic engine for this alone makes it scary for most people I think :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My teenage daughter was playing PiCross all the way to the horse riding hobby :slight_smile:

How far did she get? 16x16 puzzles??

Psst. Nuclear reactor simulator

I know you meant a game where you just have to man the controls to stop the reactor overloading, but for some reason I started thinking about a game that simulates the particles decaying and bouncing off each other.

The hard part of a physics engine is actually the collisions.

Detecting squares and circles colliding is easy, but detecting irregular shapes is more difficult (the only solution I’m aware of is the separating axis/hyperplane theorem).
Then actually reacting to the collision is an entirely different problem - “which direction?”, “how fast?” et cetera.

If it’s gravity you’re after though, I’ve got that part covered: :P

1 Like

I really like this! A couple of sound fx would be a nice addition,but overall it’s great!

You bet … sound effects would be great but I am having a bugger of a time getting them to work!

Can I take a look at the source?

That’s why we provide the source code :wink:

We also tried to add sound effects in Lode Runner, sounds fine in the emulator but on hardware when a sound is playing it just makes an annoying static noise that never stops…

2 Likes

i will compile also

The source is actually in the main post, but it’s not oneboxed.

I’d like to make a small suggestion, it might be nice to reset the cursor flashing when it is moved. That way it would be a little easier to see where it is while playing.

2 Likes

Could include that with the next update with sound maybe.

1 Like

I am not sure I understand … it flashes constantly already. Reset in what way?

Make so that it is always move to the visible part of the flash sequence when it is moved. So it would only flash if not moving.