[Game]OBS (One Button Shooter) [V1.3]

OBS_GamePlay

Your ship has been damaged by some space debris. The steering is broken and you cannot navigate. You discover that by firing the laser you can steer …sort of! Avoid the asteroids and enemy ships and fly home.

Not to be confused with IBS, OBS picks up where 1nvader left off! Play with just one button and one button only.

On the High Score screen press and hold the ‘C’ button to clear the High Scores.

Graphics          @vampirics
Code                @filmote

Source              Source Code
ZIP                    OBS.zip

Installation Instructions

This game consists of a POP file and supporting sound assets packaged in a .zip file. Please expand the contents into a directory on you computer - you will see a POP file and a sub-directory called music. Please ensure both the .POP file and folder are copied to the root directory of your SD card.

Depending on what other games are installed on your Pokitto, you may already have a sub-directory called /music on your machine. If prompted, simply merge the contents of the OBS directory with the folder already on your machine. The names of the file are unique and should not clash!

11 Likes

Nice little shooting game. I like the sounds of the typewriter and the shots :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @Hanski … I hate sourcing sound effects yet they add so much to the game.

3 Likes

I am going to add this to the GameDisk repo if thats ok?

3 Likes

Thats ok with me.

I played it a bit, very nice little game

With boss fights would be really great

3 Likes

Yep, more cowbells.

This is the risk of migrating a game from a lesser platform. You could add boss fights, hidden levels, cowbells and turn it into somerthing else … or … not!

We have a different ‘one button’ game coming very soon. If time and interest permits, we may revisit this game :slight_smile:

7 Likes

useless-talents-will-ferrell

5 Likes

Version 1.1 Now Available!

Sorry to @Retr0rob who made a video based on the first version and to @ESPboy for having to convert this a second time for his device!

Thanks to @Retr0rob:

7 Likes

OBS 1.1 added to gamedisk repo

7 Likes

I want to report a bug: there are no usual enemies after 1000 points or maybe after 5th or 6th boss.

4 Likes

I can honestly say my testing didn’t extend that far. I am luck to get into the 100s.

1 Like

Version 1.2 released!

6 Likes

Find another bug in OBS (now v1.2): when the fight with 5th boss begins, our ship began to take damage from nowhere and die in less than second.

3 Likes

I saw that too with boss 3 one time.

1 Like

Mmmm … not sure what that is. I am confident that the boss handling is the same for all bosses so do not think its specifically linked to Boss 3 or 5.

1 Like

Looks like a week-end job for me!

1 Like

Sure, made a video about it yesterday :joy:

4 Likes

I could not reproduce the problem myself. But was able to find a potential issue so fixed that one.

Its now version 1.3 - would love someone who is much better at this game than me to give it a go and see if the problem has gone.

@Zockeromi what video?

4 Likes

It’s a video about new pokitto games, will ve obline 15th of august

3 Likes